Best Endings

2000 Cadets - Definition of what a closer should be, IMO.

2003 Cavies - Perfect bookend to one of their best of the decade.

2007 Cadets - Still amazed at the tempo and drill that corps marched.

2008 Regiment - Never felt that much emotion from a corps. Never felt that much emotion from the audience.

2009 Crown - Their best show, IMO. Design, story, brass... Ending perfectly capped it.

I know this is supposed to be 2000 on but to this day nothing beats the 1988 SCV ending when they made the whole corps disappear.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Fun topic!

2000 Cadets

2000 Cavaliers

2002 BD (an underrated show all the way around)

2004 BD

2006 Vanguard

2007 BD

Just a few for now because my time is short:

Troopers 2008 - end of the Iron Horse Express show with the big train chord and the sunburst with Ghostriders! (yes, HONK! That's me.)

Phantom 2008 - gives me chills just thinking about it and I wish, wish, WISH I could have been there in person to feel what was running through the crowd

Crown 2007 - LOVED Triple Crown and the ending from William Tell to the last push was just beautiful, musically

Phantom 2003 - others have said it, but the Canon reprise is awe-inspiring. It just picks me up and takes me flying with it. I can't describe it any other way. (one of my favorite ways to end a long run!)

Phantom 2003 - others have said it, but the Canon reprise is awe-inspiring. It just picks me up and takes me flying with it. I can't describe it any other way. (one of my favorite ways to end a long run!)

Told this story here before. Must tell it again.

A guy sitting next to me at finals in 2003 told me his adult daughter accompanied him to a show that year. It was her first-ever drum corps show. When Phantom reprised the Canon at the end he turned to his daughther to see how she would react. Tears were streaming down her face. He asked her why she was crying. She said: "I don't know." We know.

HH

• Like 1

A guy sitting next to me at finals in 2003 told me his adult daughter accompanied him to a show that year. It was her first-ever drum corps show. When Phantom reprised the Canon at the end he turned to his daughther to see how she would react. Tears were streaming down her face. He asked her why she was crying. She said: "I don't know." We know.

HH

I think part of the beauty of that hit is similar to their big hit in Shostakovich 5/mvt 4 in 1996. Back then they did that incredibly slow build of tension to a perfect major chord release. In 2003, the entire Ostinato (about 2:30 worth leading up to the Sanctus hit) is a gradual build of tension up to the major release.

Mike

• Like 1

Phantom 2003

Crown 2007, 2008, and 2009

Cadets 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, and 2009

Boston Crusaders 2009

Cavaliers 2000

Santa Clara Vanguard 2004 and 2009

Crossmen 2002

Bluecoats 2008

Edited by wallace

HH

Indeed, we do know. Got chills again just thinking about it! I hope there are some 03 Phantom members around reading this story.