Still Impressed?

When you go to the movies, are you still impressed?

***edit***

I'm betting someone will say they're not impressed with the movies anymore. They're bored, over priced, blah blah blah. Same as DC, right?

I like both the movies and Drum Corps.

( I even like their INT too )

I am less impressed since I marched, which is unfortunate for me, IMO. I try to step away and watch as a fan, but I watch shows a lot more critically than I did before I marched.

just want to clarify it has nothing to do with what the kids are doing on the field, just that since I have done it, the people on the field are no longer doing "something that I could never do." I hope in time I will be able to watch less critically again.

Edited by soccerguy315
  • Like 1

I am less impressed since I marched, which is unfortunate for me, IMO. I try to step away and watch as a fan, but I watch shows a lot more critically than I did before I marched.

just want to clarify it has nothing to do with what the kids are doing on the field, just that since I have done it, the people on the field are no longer doing "something that I could never do." I hope in time I will be able to watch less critically again.

When you figure out how to do that would you let me know, please? I've been attempting it for years and I still get called an inflexible dino.

• Like 1

Right this is what I want to know more about. Are corps running out of "harder" things to do? Does the judging criteria allow corps to push the limits of what is possible? Have we hit a plateau at how difficult things are on the field.

Is difficulty even important anymore? Do we just want to hear loud Bflat chord and familiar melody line (things that are relatively easy) instead of a risky drill move or musical moment?

For me, I want more drum corps to take Risks... Big risks. And I want them to take risks that people KNOW are risk, not hiding it or anything. Make the show risky and then accomplish the hell out of it!!!!

Drum corps needs more risk... i think...

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

I like both the movies and Drum Corps.

( I even like their INT too )

Well then you're obviously not that someone, now are you?

Your movies have an intermission?! When was the last time you went to the movies? To see Casablanca?

This is one of the most articularly well-spoken bits of PC drum corps-ism I've ever heard.

Well said, Lance. I agree 100%.

eh, it's possible to be impressed by something even it if doesn't fit your aesthetic tastes. not trying to be pc or anything. but thanks for the comment. :)

• Like 1

Your movies have an intermission?! When was the last time you went to the movies? To see Casablanca?

Last movie with an intermission I think was Gods and General, which came out in 2003. The more you know.....