a new champ?

yeah, yeah yeah.............that's getting old............but what i expected jeff. :tongue:

well...til we see the system in use, we have no idea what to expect. it's January, so publicly, everyone is having great winters, even if they aren't LOL.

so it's far too soon to tell anything

In a contest with 10 corps, judges use boxes and leave room for higher scores as the night goes on. I agree with the placement of the corps in both mini-corps and Finals. (I would have moved Cabs one spot higher, but I am VERY biased towards them). All of that being said, Star United (1.5) and The Bucs (1.0) were so far ahead that they seem to be invincible, which, of course, they are not. I have no idea of what is going on this winter, but with the emphasis on GE, I'd expect the gap to second place to grow....... and that is no reflection against Ghost or MBI (or Empire). Donnie A. did a fantastic job with that young Ghost sop line....considering that their best player, Don A.himself, didn't even play a note. MBI and Empire had very entertaining shows....but the Bucs have become the 60s Cabs.....with no obvious ending in sight.

Class A is where you will see the biggest chance for movement, as the smaller numbers on the big field require corps to make big improvements from year to year just to hold ground.

There is just something about the way Star and Bucs carry themselves that puts them in control..... at least until someone takes it away, as eventually someone will. For those looking for hope for change, NASA telescopes found another new planet....maybe that planet has more talented musicians than the galaxy Star comes from.

This year's DCA weekend was the best ever! every corps in every performance was worthy of high praise. I LOVE that Skyliner sound!

Joe D. in NJ (5 miles from Post 199.....if they ever plow the streets.)

whoever scores highest that night will win

:ph34r:

You must be slipping Jeff...It took you 8 whole posts to chime in :lol:

That'll be worth a beer if you find me in Rochacha. :guinesssmilie:

Pat

:ph34r:

You must be slipping Jeff...It took you 8 whole posts to chime in :lol:

That'll be worth a beer if you find me in Rochacha. :guinesssmilie:

Pat

i know...work getting in the way of DCP sucks :tongue:

In a contest with 10 corps, judges use boxes and leave room for higher scores as the night goes on. I agree with the placement of the corps in both mini-corps and Finals. (I would have moved Cabs one spot higher, but I am VERY biased towards them). All of that being said, Star United (1.5) and The Bucs (1.0) were so far ahead that they seem to be invincible, which, of course, they are not. I have no idea of what is going on this winter, but with the emphasis on GE, I'd expect the gap to second place to grow....... and that is no reflection against Ghost or MBI (or Empire). Donnie A. did a fantastic job with that young Ghost sop line....considering that their best player, Don A.himself, didn't even play a note. MBI and Empire had very entertaining shows....but the Bucs have become the 60s Cabs.....with no obvious ending in sight.

Class A is where you will see the biggest chance for movement, as the smaller numbers on the big field require corps to make big improvements from year to year just to hold ground.

There is just something about the way Star and Bucs carry themselves that puts them in control..... at least until someone takes it away, as eventually someone will. For those looking for hope for change, NASA telescopes found another new planet....maybe that planet has more talented musicians than the galaxy Star comes from.

This year's DCA weekend was the best ever! every corps in every performance was worthy of high praise. I LOVE that Skyliner sound!

Joe D. in NJ (5 miles from Post 199.....if they ever plow the streets.)

Thanks Joe for your nice words about Ghost Riders. In order for us to beat Star, however, we really need to be better than they are, and we are aware of it... Same as the Open Class corps I think. You dont beat the Bucs by changing the sheets.

Honestly, I was on a committee with other arrangers that made some modifications in the early nineties on the effect sheets. This was "thought" to be done because the Bushwackers were winning DCA LOL. We changed the sheets and the Bushwackers continued to win DCA two more consequetive titles. The won because they were excellent and they played and moved through their show like they owned it. Empire and Cabs were both on fire in those years, and I believe that any of those corps on a given night could have won.

The corps win championships not the sheets.

Donny

Edited by Donny Drum Corps

Thanks Joe for your nice words about Ghost Riders. In order for us to beat Star, however, we really need to be better than they are, and we are aware of it... Same as the Open Class corps I think. You dont beat the Bucs by changing the sheets.

Honestly, I was on a committee with other arrangers that made some modifications in the early nineties on the effect sheets. This was "thought" to be done because the Bushwackers were winning DCA LOL. We changed the sheets and the Bushwackers continued to win DCA two more consequetive titles. The won because they were excellent and they played and moved through their show like they owned it. Empire and Cabs were both on fire in those years, and I believe that any of those corps on a given night could have won.

The corps win championships not the sheets.

Donny

Good point Donny, Reading has worked very hard to truly be a "Balance In Blue" as there is no caption that they aren't either winning or very competent in. Until someone else matches that balance no matter how the sheets are constructed, Reading will continue to win.

• Like 1

yeah, yeah yeah.............that's getting old............but what i expected jeff. :tongue:

Ditto.