DCI rules proposals released

woof

Crap! I wanted to be the dog....oh well.......meow!

While nearly everyone may agree that the sound board operator upstairs is a great idea, it is not nearly the "no-brainer" that people may think it is. I believe that the only sound board that can be operated remotely (as of right now) is made by Yamaha. So, it is quite possible to think that the corps who are not Yamaha corps will vote against since it leaves them at a competitive disadvantage.

Ream and Plan agree?

Cats are sleeping with dogs.

tongue.gif

This must be the Apocalypse :tongue: !

Crap! I wanted to be the dog....oh well.......meow!

good kitty :tongue:

( oh can i have fun with this :devil:)

While nearly everyone may agree that the sound board operator upstairs is a great idea, it is not nearly the "no-brainer" that people may think it is. I believe that the only sound board that can be operated remotely (as of right now) is made by Yamaha. So, it is quite possible to think that the corps who are not Yamaha corps will vote against since it leaves them at a competitive disadvantage.

I'm sure other are working ways since August when the controversy began

I'm sure other are working ways since August when the controversy began

I am sure that the other companies besides Yamaha are working on a board that can do what yamaha board can do, but I don't see those products being ready by the summer. So, this vote could come down to the yamaha corps versus everyone else this coming weekend since it would allow the yamaha groups to have an unfair advantage.

We will see though. I hope it does pass, but I am interested to see how this turns out.

I am sure that the other companies besides Yamaha are working on a board that can do what yamaha board can do, but I don't see those products being ready by the summer. So, this vote could come down to the yamaha corps versus everyone else this coming weekend since it would allow the yamaha groups to have an unfair advantage.

We will see though. I hope it does pass, but I am interested to see how this turns out.

some may have already had it in the works...just nobody tried to use it finals week

Is it assumed that the change would be effective immediately upon passing since there is no mention of time in this proposal? If so, very good point. I hope that doesn't keep it from being passed, as the corps who do take advantage of it will be able to create a better product for the audience.

Is it assumed that the change would be effective immediately upon passing since there is no mention of time in this proposal? If so, very good point. I hope that doesn't keep it from being passed, as the corps who do take advantage of it will be able to create a better product for the audience.

I'm willing to bet fans don't even notice a change and there is still balance issues