1980 vs 2010

1980 work ethic matched with todays designs=AMAZING

• Like 1

Does it matter? Will a return bring back ALL the legacy viewers and bring in new viewers? Will finals be shown on ESPN or PBS again? Will DCI have national recognition (ie: NCAA Football)? Will stadiums be sold out? Will "geek" never again been mentioned in the same sentence with "band"?

OR

Is someone just trying to relive their youth? I'm new to DCI (saw my first show in 2005), but for an activity y'all profess to LOVE, I think y'all have crossed that fine line and now HATE. We all hate getting older, but that doesn't mean I have to HATE the activities I once loved when I was younger - no matter how much those activities have changed?

OR

Have I just spent a minute or two feeding a troll?

• Like 1

Does it matter? Will a return bring back ALL the legacy viewers and bring in new viewers? Will finals be shown on ESPN or PBS again? Will DCI have national recognition (ie: NCAA Football)? Will stadiums be sold out? Will "geek" never again been mentioned in the same sentence with "band"?

OR

Is someone just trying to relive their youth? I'm new to DCI (saw my first show in 2005), but for an activity y'all profess to LOVE, I think y'all have crossed that fine line and now HATE. We all hate getting older, but that doesn't mean I have to HATE the activities I once loved when I was younger - no matter how much those activities have changed?

OR

Have I just spent a minute or two feeding a troll?

I'll take a shot at answering, in order:

Yes, it matters. See the video shots of the stands in 2000 vs the stands in 2010.

A return to 1980? Few here want that and it's not what the thread is about.

ESPN or PBS? Probably not. But the activity grew for many year without them.

DCI has national attention among the niche of drum corps fans from coast to coast. It just happens to be a smaller niche than NCAA football.

Sold out stadiums? Rarely have they ever been, but that's still the goal, yes?

"Geek" and "Band" has mostly been propagated by sports fans who see appreciation of halftime as a threat to their activity. Like drum corps fans, that won't change.

Personally, if I were going to try to relive my youth I'd do it with an 18 year-old blonde, not a bunch of old, fat drum corps vets.

First show in 2005, huh? Appreciation comes from exposure. Stick around a while you'll experience it, too.

Hate? Not at all. Nothing but love here. The few Haters on DCP are quickly identified and summarily ignored.

We don't all hate getting old. When you're a little older you'll come to recognize that. Age is mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Change is what many of us here want. The fact that change is defined differently is what makes a place like DCP worth visiting.

How boring would it be if we all agreed?

• Like 5

I'll take a shot at answering, in order:

Yes, it matters. See the video shots of the stands in 2000 vs the stands in 2010.

A return to 1980? Few here want that and it's not what the thread is about.

ESPN or PBS? Probably not. But the activity grew for many year without them.

DCI has national attention among the niche of drum corps fans from coast to coast. It just happens to be a smaller niche than NCAA football.

Sold out stadiums? Rarely have they ever been, but that's still the goal, yes?

"Geek" and "Band" has mostly been propagated by sports fans who see appreciation of halftime as a threat to their activity. Like drum corps fans, that won't change.

Personally, if I were going to try to relive my youth I'd do it with an 18 year-old blonde, not a bunch of old, fat drum corps vets.

First show in 2005, huh? Appreciation comes from exposure. Stick around a while you'll experience it, too.

Hate? Not at all. Nothing but love here. The few Haters on DCP are quickly identified and summarily ignored.

We don't all hate getting old. When you're a little older you'll come to recognize that. Age is mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Change is what many of us here want. The fact that change is defined differently is what makes a place like DCP worth visiting.

How boring would it be if we all agreed?

Maybe next time you answer someone's question, don't chug a red bull! haha! :lookaround: :P

Edited by charlie1223

Fixed that for you.

But, of course, your point is correct. tongue.gif

i was being puncutation nazi, not spelling/slang nazi. that's a completely different thingy... :tongue:

It's a smaller niche than womens' lacrosse. Just sayin'

• Like 1