So can somebody explain this G7 thing?

Well there is definitely two sides to the issue. Those against the TOC shows fire off their doomsday scenarios and refuse to look past an old proposal that never passed. Those who have taken the time to look at the current TOC format understand it is nothing more than the addition of several shows featuring the top 8 from the previous year, with corps having the ability to compete, move up into the top 8 at DCI finals and being included in the TOC shows the following year as a reward for that placement.

Of course, they COULD be masking an underground comunist attempt at overtaking DCI and thus, the world....

• Like 3

Let him know the "Current Agreement"? He did not ask about the "Current Agreement". Feel free to enlighten him on the "Current Agreement" though, since you feel it is so important.

People need to relax around here. To jump in such a negative way is not necessary. The OP asked a question, and it was answered with quotes and fact. simple and straight forward.

• Like 3

Let him know the "Current Agreement"? He did not ask about the "Current Agreement". Feel free to enlighten him on the "Current Agreement" though, since you feel it is so important.

People need to relax around here. To jump in such a negative way is not necessary. The OP asked a question, and it was answered with quotes and fact. simple and straight forward.

?

Edited by thirdcoast

But I think its safe to say that if he's confused about the G7 idea that he would be also confused about the current agreement and the proposed agreement and making a distinction is important for his overall understanding.

I would say the current agreement is more important.

It's like asking what the Health Care Reform bill was all about and posting a link to the first House proposal and totally ignoring the incarnation of the bill that was actually signed into law.

That's just me though.

It's like asking what the Health Care Reform bill was all about and posting a link to the first House proposal and totally ignoring the incarnation of the bill that was actually signed into law.

That's just me though.

I tend to see it as a "Look at what they tried" sort of thing! If people can try that once, then you know what their true potential is... Dangerous... :thumbup:

I tend to see it as a "Look at what they tried" sort of thing! If people can try that once, then you know what their true potential is... Dangerous... :thumbup:

Right. But it's not reality.

The reality is that cooler heads prevaled, an extremely watered down version of the proposal was implemented. Hop, Gibbs, etal were removed from the board and on and on.

The response strikes me as nothing more than an attempt to get another person "on their side". I have no problem with relaying the original proposal. But leaving it at that with no mention of what 2011 will actually be like is disingenuous, IMO.

That's just me though.

How is it that you hi-jacked my exact analogy....before I typed it!!!! :blink:

If you keeping making sense like this chaddy, you're not going to be fun anymore! :tongue:

In answer to the OP, there was an early proposal and reaction to the G7. IMO this was a brilliantly strategic move. A purge of the DCI BOD insued, along with a great outcry from DCP and from other quarters. The season concluded with nothing more being said officially or otherwise. Then as the new season emerged, items from the G7 punch list began to appear on the 2011 schedule. Tic Toc Tic Toc.........

How is it that you hi-jacked my exact analogy....before I typed it!!!! :blink:

I looked into your mind...

... through a glass.....

.... darkly.

:devil:

• Like 1