Most Anticipated Drum Corps (World Class)

363 members have voted

1. 1. What (world class) drum corps are you anticipating to see the most for the upcoming 2011 DCI season?

Well I think I can explain it. Crossmen possibly not using synth and using Flugal horns probably has older fans very excited to see what Crossmen shell out...

Well I love the sound of the flugal, and no synth is cool...

I think, synth or no synth, the design team has Xmen fans jazzed. I mean go check out their 01-02 shows.

But I think this might be the bigger reason. I completely forgot about their design team changing for a little while there.

And SCV... did you hear their source music?, its mind boggling, I didn't vote for them but they are certainly dishing out a VERY curious show!

I heard part of their source music, and I think curious is definitely the correct term for that. I like the irony of the Devils Staircase and Angels in the Architecture being played in the same year :tongue:

I voted for Teal Sound.

According to the videos, they have a ton of brass players, which could be a deciding factor distancing themselves from corps around them. Also, the show sounds pretty cool, and I'm exciting to see what they do this year.

Hot dog sales went up when they announced they would be adding even more electronics to their show.

No Thank you.

• Like 2

Hot dog sales went up when they announced they would be adding even more electronics to their show.

No Thank you.

We understand you don't like electronics...but you don't have to bash the corps. Instead of coming on this thread and complaining about which corps you don't want to see, why don't you instead tell us what corps you are excited for? Keep the comments positive !

• Like 6

We understand you don't like electronics...but you don't have to bash the corps. Instead of coming on this thread and complaining about which corps you don't want to see, why don't you instead tell us what corps you are excited for? Keep the comments positive !

there is no happiness without sorrow...no light without dark. :ph34r:

• Like 1

I obviously voted for Crossmen. Who wouldn't anticipate this season. Almost completely turned over all the staff. Flugals, and rumors of no synth. Sounds like it is going to be a CROSSMEN show this year. Whether they make finals or not it should be awesome. Yes I'm hyping.

I'm also anticipating Phantom, Cadets, SCV, and I always anticipate BD, I'm waiting for them to hit me with an awesome in your face BD show. With the level that they perform I've been waiting for this for years. But these shows designed around the color guard just leave me hanging.

• Like 1

Read my signature.

If you can't make them see the light....make them feel the heat.

With the press announcement the other day stating that they are adding more electronics to a already overloaded electronics format...thats pretty much in my face.

I hope the kids have a great rewarding summer but the admins at Teal really cheese my wiz with this announcement.

Guess I can start counting the calories on the hot dogs. :)

• Like 1

I obviously voted for Crossmen. Who wouldn't anticipate this season. Almost completely turned over all the staff. Flugals, and rumors of no synth. Sounds like it is going to be a CROSSMEN show this year. Whether they make finals or not it should be awesome. Yes I'm hyping.

I'm also anticipating Phantom, Cadets, SCV, and I always anticipate BD, I'm waiting for them to hit me with an awesome in your face BD show. With the level that they perform I've been waiting for this for years. But these shows designed around the color guard just leave me hanging.

I can't wait until June.

Edited by xbones7480

why don't you instead tell us what corps you are excited for? Keep the comments positive !

Im "positive" after the 2010 season I hate electronics :)

Im very much looking forward to seeing what the Madison Scouts come up with. Always like the Cavies but they lost a bit of credibility with me last year with the electronics.

I guess its just me but I always look forward to the Cadets show too. Not so much that I enjoy their shows but to see what wacked up stuff Hopkins comes up with. Should make for another interesting chat and discussion on DCP this season.

Edited by camel lips

Im "positive" after the 2010 season I hate electronics :)

Im very much looking forward to seeing what the Madison Scouts come up with. Always like the Cavies but they lost a bit of credibility with me last year with the electronics.

I guess its just me but I always look forward to the Cadets show too. Not so much that I enjoy their shows but to see what wacked up stuff Hopkins comes up with. Should make for another interesting chat and discussion on DCP this season.

so Ed, how do you really feel? :tongue:

• Like 1

so Ed, how do you really feel? :tongue:

I could say but I feel certain I would create a crap storm.