Most Anticipated Drum Corps (World Class)

363 members have voted

1. 1. What (world class) drum corps are you anticipating to see the most for the upcoming 2011 DCI season?

I'd like to stop this poll after 200 votes.

• Like 1

Pioneer. I've heard the show music and I have a feeling Pioneer is going to get some new fans.

I'm also excited to see SCV's show. With a new brass caption head (?) and a dark show, it's going to be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumpity bump bump bump.

Edited by kaseyW
  • Like 1

I could say but I feel certain I would create a crap storm.

Ed, have you ever listened to the source music? If you never heard of The Perfect Circle you may want to pull that up on y-tube and give yourself a sample, and then pull up any sample of the band TOOL. The music of Maynard (the singer and writer of both bands) is legendary. I like the direction of this source music, I have been calling for it for years. Maynard has millions of fans, he loves the arts and I bet he didnt charge an arm and a leg. He just may help them, you never know with that dude. He is a multi-millionaire.

This direction of source music IMO (I have either been marching or an active fan since 81) could be huge for the activity. Popular mainstreet music thats not Lady-gaga. I really liked the years that Cavies played Billy Joel, Blue Devils playing the Who, Madison playing Zepplin and Queen. I am still waiting for some southern Corps to play some really old Whitesnake, that southern groove music, or how about a 80 person horn line playing, In the Still Of the Night from the new Whitesnake (same singer David Coverdale another multi-millionaire), I mean the sorce music is endless if you go that direction.

Edited by thirdcoast

Can't say for sure, since they've not announced the program, but the most enjoyable program of last year to me was the Blue Stars' Houdini, so I voted for them. However, I'm eagerly awaiting several corps, including The Cavaliers, Bluecoats, Madison, Crown, and SCV has got me in its clutches with The Devil's Staircase.

• 2 weeks later...

There's another thing I've noticed. Since 2005, the Cadets have been having an interesting trend as well.

2005 - 1st

2006 - 5th

2007 - 2nd

2008 - 5th

2009 - 3rd

2010 - 5th

And the way things are stacking up, I can see them taking 4th. Interesting? I think yes.

I wonder if any corps has managed to get there placements in the same order as Fibonacci Sequence! Get all DeVinci code on these predictions!

• Like 1

No matter the year, I'm always most excited about seeing Phantom Regiment... :ph34r:

This year, most pre-season hype is aimed at SCV. I don't think they'll win but it would be nice to see them make the medal positions again.

you may be surprized about scv if key poulan wrote anything like our arraingment for them they will shock us all

I believe it is still too early to have started this thread like others have said. Some corps don't even have repertoire or show titles out there yet! Nonetheless... I will conform....

Due to analyzing last years performances and including staff changes/lack of changes I'd say the corps to watch are

SCV - Paul Rennick is going to be the addition to their percussion program that they NEED. I expect them to finish higher if they build up from last year.

Blue Stars - Yet again, Amazing. Staff. Lineup. (consistency is key for them, looks like they are going to be moving up if they build on what they had last year another 8th place finish would drive someone nuts). Big question is, what are they going to follow Houdini with?

Interestingly enough:

Phantom - with Paul Rennick gone(ha, his initials are PR), it is going to be an interesting season to say the least

Cadets/Bluecoats - The reason I put these 2 together is because I put them in the same boat with my reasoning why they are to be watched. I believe that the returning Cadets members are going to make them one heck of a drum corps next year. Same goes for Bluecoats (although bloo had a lot of age outs last year, they will more than make up for it by the number of talented auditionees). I'd like to see another top 3 cadets show.

Edited by TimbreDeBrass
  • Like 1

The Academy - Hornline was sick last year, I'm hoping the rest is up to top 12 contention, if it is, I see them finally breaking into finals.

BAC - The 1989 Les Mis show from the Cadets is a favorite for me, interested to see how the Crusaders interpret it.

Blue Knights - I think they found their identity last year, and from what I've heard/seen, looks like they'll be sticking with it.

Crossmen - The new staff should bump them up, I'm liking some of the musical selections they have chosen, I'm hoping for just a signature "Crossmen" show.

Glassmen - Anniversary shows usually work out pretty well, we'll see here.

Vanguard - I'm very interested to see what Rennick does there, could only be good. And that show theme is SICK!

My top pick, Vanguard. I have a "devilishly" good feeling about this show.