Most Anticipated Drum Corps (World Class)

363 members have voted

1. 1. What (world class) drum corps are you anticipating to see the most for the upcoming 2011 DCI season?

It's also on the World Class Forum. Just sayin.

I voted for Bluecoats, for obvious reasons, though I am anticipating seeing a few more corps this season.

I'm excited for Blue Knights, because they are playing First Suite in Eb. It's one of my all time favorite pieces and I feel like last year they had a great brass sound that I hope will continue into this year.

The Cavaliers, regardless of it being an odd year. I hope they can come out and bring something awesome to watch and listen to again.

Teal Sound, I got to see their show last year and was surprised at how much I really enjoyed it! I hope they keep improving and make a name for themselves in World Class.

Blue Stars, mainly because I just like them a lot. Houdini was a great show, I'm just looking for a few improvements in the details of their show design. They perform really well, I just think they can end shows better. Can't wait for whatever they bring this year!

Crossmen, I think and hope that their brass will make vast improvements over recent years.

Haha I really hope that tradition doesnt break into this new decade, and 2003 and 2005 were still good years, but the theory still holds true lol

Haha I really hope that tradition doesnt break into this new decade, and 2003 and 2005 were still good years, but the theory still holds true lol

Not to mention, yes Cavies did win in 2001, but I guess it was an "odd" and underrated 1st place title.

Edited by kaseyW
  • Like 1

I'm not "anxious" to see any of the corps. I hate how people use that word when they mean something along the lines of "anticipatory".

Boom! Modified the question just for you. :tongue:

• Like 1

Not to mention, yes Cavies did win in 2001, but I guess it was an "odd" and underrated 1st place title.

Actually, I couldnt stand 4 corners. I thought it was one of the worst shows they have done in 20 years. The music was just awful even though the drill was still pretty good.

ok top 7

BD

CAVIES

CROWN=not sure of any of these programs yet.

CADETS-After last seasons Jeffory show I can pass. they need to win me back.

Bluecoats-loved them in 2010 they are on the list.

Phantom and SCV -ALWAYS

Blue Stars liked them but never love them so pass.

Boston -no

BlueKnights -yes who is left on design team ??

Madison -YES

Glassmen -no, how did they make finals in 2010 ???

ACADEMY

COlts

Troopers--a little fall from this group .

Spirit -Dont like the direction hope am wrong.

CROSSMEN -Yes.new changes . I want my crossmen back.

PC-Yes good corps in 2010

Teal -no.

Cascades

Mandarins

Surf

Pioneer-all need to recruit and keep it simple.

I'm excited for cadets. I love Angels in the Architecture.

I'm very curious about SCV though. Their musical selection is so unique that I just can't even conceive in my mind what to expect that show to be like!

Cadets - Hearing some exciting stuff that is supposed to take place for their show this year. And I heard a clip of the opener and it reminds me of 2000 and 1998.

Phantom - I can't wait to see what they do with "Juliet"

Cavies - After last year, they've won me back.

Always excited to see ANY drum corps when we restart in June!

But I am most anxious to see what Blue Devils come up with next! I have always been a fan but the corps started to lose me in 2007 but 08, 09, and 10 were amazing!

I cant wait to get back out and see everyone.

• Like 1

Always excited to see ANY drum corps when we restart in June!

But I am most anxious to see what Blue Devils come up with next! I have always been a fan but the corps started to lose me in 2007 but 08, 09, and 10 were amazing!

I cant wait to get back out and see everyone.

• Like 1

Blue Devils for sure

Again, looking forward to them challenging and then educating me about what entertainment and marching band are all about

It’s like all these years I have been looking merely at the shadows of entertainment and they have shown a light on that which cast those shadows revealing the true art of marching band

I am blessed and thank them for awakening me from my slumber of ignorance

• Like 1