Pre-June Prediction Thread

Gonna beat Ream on this one, but whoever has the highest score will win

true. except for captions. then whoever has the highest average score wins

:tongue:

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that he marched snare with the Xmen. I still don't understand why people try to throw him under the bus at every opportunity possible and label him as the front of the G8 when he has no more authority within that group than any of the other members, and certainly did not lead the other members to come up with that incredibly long proposal. Why not pick either of the blue Dave's?

well...maybe cause not everyone knew what was in it even if their names were attached. :ph34r:

and yeah I think he was a snare

• Like 1

I'll just let Jeff Ream deal with this... :tongue:

don't hold back on my account :tongue:

• Like 1

1. Cavies

2. BD

3. Cadets

4. Crown

5. Blue Coats

6. Phantom

7. Blue Stars

8. Madison

9. SCV

10. Boston

11. The Academy

12. Blue Knights

13. Glassmen

14. Colts

15. Crossmen

16. Troopers

17. Spirit

18. Pacific Crest

19. Mandarins

20. Teal Sound

21. Jersey Surf

22. Pioneer

23. Cascades

• Like 1

Only two predictions so far have BD as champ... maybe the rest of us are in denial!? :tongue:

It's absolutely plausable for one or more of the top 5 to challenge for the title this year. But....they won't do it by traditional means. Some rising stars like Madison may continue to reach back and tug at the heart strings of yesterday but that will only keep them around for finals. Cavies, Cadets and CC have the skill sets in their design teams to challenge BD this year, the question is: are they going to pull the trigger or do the expected? CC in my option is in the best positioned as long as they are willing to risk it. I also see SCV and Bluecoats as darkhorses this year...again, if they are willing to risk designing out of their comfort zones.

BD is designing at another level now (both musically and visually) and 3 years in a row demonstrates that this is no flash in the pan. If any corps (including the 3C's) wants a shot, they need to break their own design paradigms (and I don't mean some goofy storylines...they get tiresome very quickly).

Finally, I expect to see BDB & SCV Cadets challenge for Semi's....very cool!

1st prediction.... The winning corps will not have Blue in their name.

2nd prediction... SCV will make top 5

3rd prediction... Phantom will place no lower than 2010... ok 2009 :ph34r:

4th prediction... Teal Sound to miss semis by 1 point.

5th prediction... One 2010 finalist will not make finals in 2011.

6th prediction... No new finalists this year

Sooooo finals is top 11 this year?

• Like 1

It's absolutely plausable for one or more of the top 5 to challenge for the title this year. But....they won't do it by traditional means. Some rising stars like Madison may continue to reach back and tug at the heart strings of yesterday but that will only keep them around for finals. Cavies, Cadets and CC have the skill sets in their design teams to challenge BD this year, the question is: are they going to pull the trigger or do the expected? CC in my option is in the best positioned as long as they are willing to risk it. I also see SCV and Bluecoats as darkhorses this year...again, if they are willing to risk designing out of their comfort zones.

BD is designing at another level now (both musically and visually) and 3 years in a row demonstrates that this is no flash in the pan. If any corps (including the 3C's) wants a shot, they need to break their own design paradigms (and I don't mean some goofy storylines...they get tiresome very quickly).

That they are. But as the saying goes, "All good things come to an end."

Not saying that BD will change gears and head in a more "accessible" direction for the fans, because that doesn't seem their style. I'm sure they will continue to push their own envelope and I'd bet my life savings that they'll continue to perform at the highest level, because that's just what they do.

But when we look at successful designs and their streaks (Cavies earlier this decade is an example), they don't go on forever. Why that is, who knows. IMO, it takes another corps to break the mold and start introducing something "new". Cadets did that briefly in '05, but Cavies "formula" returned in '06. BD then busted back onto the stage and has been in charge ever since.

That being said, I don't really see either of the 3C's coming up with anything mind-bending enough this year to challenge what BD has been doing.

There's always hope though. :)

I think (only based on source music and rumors for vanguard) that both are designing a bit out of the comfort zone. The real question is will it work?

Thats always the fun part with taking risks in design. They are either really cool, (IMO Bloo 2010, SCV 2009) or not as well received by the public (Bloo 2009, SCV 2010). Both corps had elements of risk with their programs each year, and both found a different level of success.

Edited by BlooContraGuy
  • Like 2

Sooooo finals is top 11 this year?

Maybe he means Troopers will make it again since they made it in 2009, and if they made it in 2011 they wouldn't really be a new finalist.

• Like 2