Last two minutes of the show go unjudged.

Howdy

I am wondering how not judging the last two minutes of the show might help DCI corps become far more entertaining.

Would this bring more people into the stands?

This could also help judges by giving them more time to get their evaluations and scores right.

you mean like the old GE gun? Well even then, corps were judged til the last note, just not on all captions

• Like 1

Very intriguing idea actually.

That is the way it was back when shows were 13 minutes long. Corps would really let it rip once they heard that gun go off.

but GE was still judged

• Like 1

I DO realize this because i was a member. in 2009 and 2010 not the dino days. Im just telling you how it is now days. I think im not on the same paige cuz i did consider the shows i was in to be fan friendly and we didnt need two minutes just for the fans. I just feel those two minutes should be for both the judges and the fans.

and while you feel those shows were fan friendly, you played in front of 13% fewer fans than you did the year before. So something is not connecting with the fans.

I don't think this is a permanent fix, but I think part of it could be taken and applied...the rip your face off part. let the judges keep judging. judges are fans too. Go listen to some of the judges tapes on the DCi dvd's from when they still did them...when someone was on, you'd hear judges hype too.

• Like 1

you mean like the old GE gun? Well even then, corps were judged til the last note, just not on all captions

yep, It's already been done

Going back now?? I would not like "light shows," "fireworks," "T shirt cannons," all going down the last 2 minutes.. Why not write a full show for the fans.. <--- the obvious.

(BD 1992 reminds me of a, last 2 minutes of non judged show) no hate.

I used to really get chills up my back when some of the Corps would perform a re-entery of the opener in that last two minutes of the show. That was the opportunity for the MMs to let it all out and allowed the crowd to hear a "balls out" version of the opener. Just listen to Muchacho's shows from the 70's and you youngsters might understand were us dinos are coming from. But then again, no recording really does justise to those old shows...you really had to be in the stands to get the full impact.

I would love this....especially if the corp was judged ONLY on GE in the last 2 minutes.

Then they could focus on entertaining the crowd and letting loose, rather than being impeccable for the judges.

People leave the stands now when the last note is played because there isnt a retreat. I mean...people have always left...but why wait around now when there's nothing exciting about a drum major accepting a trophy and you can get the scores on your smart phone while heading home?

2 minutes added to each corps is like what, 14 minutes? I'm sure a corps can spare that.

This is a pretty cool idea, unless you're of the crowd that wants to see the control and poise of a string quartet on the football field. As for me, if I have to spend an hour looking for my face behind the stands after a show.....mission accomplished.

• Like 1

Very intriguing idea actually.

That is the way it was back when shows were 13 minutes long. Corps would really let it rip once they heard that gun go off.

Not exactly. Back then, part of the score was "tear-down" (the tick system) and part was build up (GE, mainly). Corps couldn't lose points after the gun went off--they could only earn GE.

We can not go back to 1980. But there were more corps and DCI fans back in 1980.[ just a thought]

Not judging the last two minutes of the show might bring back some cool retro things that the fans love, like park and blow.

I hate park and blows. If I wanted to see the corps stand and play, I'd save myself some money, skip semis and finals, and just wander around the park listening to them warm up.

• Like 1