Wake Up

What the hell is wrong with a DI beating his baton around the inside of a garbage can? Have we all gone crazy? Just kidding. :tongue:

I recall Michael Cesario singing Stormy Weather to us in 1986

I liked being woken up by a different percussion section on every regional day. Especially the pit for 2009 Quarterfinals. Also, waking up to the ageouts playing Morning was always the best. Getting to finally do it was such an honor.

• Like 2

Second mention of "Morning". What corps does this and what exactly is the tradition? A different age out daily?

Any other corps traditions? Always interesting.

One of my favorite and most memorable wake up calls. My rookie year, 1987, waking up for Allentown prelims to Billy Joel's "Allentown". A big home show for us and one of the first times I recal the crowd really being behind teh corps.

I've been woken up by this song.

I've woken up to Autumn Leaves four times. In 2009 (i think?) we were woken up once by some of the front ensemble playing the choral part of the Boxer. Beautiful ways to wake up.

Edited by BlooContraGuy

Second mention of "Morning". What corps does this and what exactly is the tradition? A different age out daily?

Any other corps traditions? Always interesting.

One of my favorite and most memorable wake up calls. My rookie year, 1987, waking up for Allentown prelims to Billy Joel's "Allentown". A big home show for us and one of the first times I recal the crowd really being behind teh corps.

Morning is the corps song for the Colts, its performed by Vox One. its tradition for the ageouts to play song as the wake up for the rest of the corps during finals week.

Waking to music would have been preferable to a kick in the ribs I got one early morning with the statement "hurry up you're late" followed by "oh, sorry I thought you were someone else". Mind you I would have been late if I were supposed to be at morning brass sectionals. But I was teaching drill. We weren't needed for a couple more hours. Yup, love waking up when you get the one chance to kind of sleep in while on tour.

• Like 1

i just hated being woken up!

• Like 1