Cadets Uniform

I'm sure about 10,000 of those are duplicate views.

While this will be a relief to most ( and perhaps a disappointment to a few others ), the latest word out of Cadetland, is that this " uniform change " will not... repeat, will NOT... occur during the performance itself without benefit of screens or cover. The Cadets show for 2011 will remain a "GP" rated (or a soft "R ") rated show production. There are no plans to make an XXX rated show production here for 2011 with an on field "uniform change."

Now there... don't we all at least feel better about THAT ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

There uniform has not been constant, there have been changes to it, though it often looked somewhat "similar" to the original. And as of now we do not know how similar or different this change in the uniform will be.

It is NOT gone. This is going to be a ONE time change for THIS SEASON only. Not a permanent change. Stop being dramatic. No reason to be negative for no reason. Be positive till we at least have all the info.

All the best on your boycott. But I hear not boycotting is more fun.

IMO, this whole issue is about the secretive actions, and the alleged treatment by George, of the Alumni he allegedly cut off from the info loop (unfriend or block on FB).

See, I own my business. I make decisions for the betterment of my business and my clients as well. I could care less if any competitor is around tomorrow or not. George however, does NOT own The Cadets, so his actions need to be more transparent to the supporters and alumni. If you read the Facebook dialogue, several that were allegedly cut off were volunteers and supporters. I don't know what was said on either side to cause GH to block these folks, but it seems a little harsh by a man that does have someone other than himself to answer to at some point.

So I will boycott because I feel the G-8 is not good for the whole of Drum Corps. And you know what - It will really suck to not see some of those shows because the performers are working their tails off and deserve my applause. I just can't support what George has done recently, and this, if true only further pushes me away (his actions, not the actual uniform change - I have no skin in that game..)

Thanks for listening...

• Like 2

So I will boycott because I feel the G-8 is not good for the whole of Drum Corps. And you know what - It will really suck to not see some of those shows because the performers are working their tails off and deserve my applause. I just can't support what George has done recently, and this, if true only further pushes me away (his actions, not the actual uniform change - I have no skin in that game..)

Thanks for listening...

How can the TOC shows and G-8 really be destroying DCI? Isn't the TOC shows pretty much the same as Finals??? If all these corps have such a problem with it, than do something about it. Make the neccessary changes to design, reheasals, and staff to get your corps in the top 8. Hell, Blue Stars did it! It was not that long ago they were in Div. 2.

In fact, I think the TOC shows will help drive other corps to pursue to become better. Just like the Bucs are doing in DCA. In order to beat the Bucs, your corps has to rise to the level that they setting. And its working! Some of the corps in DCA have never been better.

Edited by 72Bach
  • Like 1

I haven't seen any evidence of blocking or un-friending by the Corps due to this issue.

Another alumnus deleted a post on the Hall of Fame page....not the corps. If you go to the Cadet FB page, you'll see all the disagreement....all still there.

From what I read, it was reported that GH un-friended a volunteer from his own profile....far before this all started, about another issue. While I don't think that was a smart idea....it's his page, The Cadets have their own page.

The reason this all started is because the Asst. Director of the corps came to an alumni meeting to keep them in the loop. GH has a trip up and down the east coast going to other alumni meetings to keep them in the loop.

The thing they didn't do was ask the alumni's permission....but I'm not convinced the corps has a responsibility to do that. We don't run the corps, the administration does.

This issue is inflammatory enough without continuing to spread misinformation.

IMO, this whole issue is about the secretive actions, and the alleged treatment by George, of the Alumni he allegedly cut off from the info loop (unfriend or block on FB).

See, I own my business. I make decisions for the betterment of my business and my clients as well. I could care less if any competitor is around tomorrow or not. George however, does NOT own The Cadets, so his actions need to be more transparent to the supporters and alumni. If you read the Facebook dialogue, several that were allegedly cut off were volunteers and supporters. I don't know what was said on either side to cause GH to block these folks, but it seems a little harsh by a man that does have someone other than himself to answer to at some point.

Thanks for listening...

• Like 2

How can the TOC shows and G-8 really be destroying DCI? Isn't the TOC shows pretty much the same as Finals??? If all these corps have such a problem with it, than do something about it. Make the neccessary changes to design, reheasals, and staff to get your corps in the top 8. Hell, Blue Stars did it! It was not that long ago they were in Div. 2.

In fact, I think the TOC shows will help drive other corps to pursue to become better. Just like the Bucs are doing in DCA. In order to beat the Bucs, your corps has to rise to the level that they setting. And its working! Some of the corps in DCA have never been better.

... sounds like the thread topic just took a detour exit off 1-95, when it should've stayed on the Interstate.

... sounds like the thread topic just took a detour exit off 1-95, when it should've stayed on the Interstate.

Just giving my 2 cents on that topic, because it was coming up on alot of posts.

Just giving my 2 cents on that topic, because it was coming up on alot of posts.

fair enough, 72Bach.

now back to our regularly scheduled programming......

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

ok, proceed...

Edited by BRASSO

One of the more drastic changes in uniforms over the last 5 years has to be the troopers. Look at the progression of their uniform. Its modern looking but still holds the traditional values of the corps. I commend them for it.

I think the traditional look of the Cadets uniform is tired and boring and needs a major overhaul. I am just not sure doing it all in one season is the right answer.

And for the person who commented that they have been upgrading the uniforms over the years. Yes this is true. BUT if you compare the uniform to 20 years ago,,its basically still the same uni from a distance. Its not modern by any means.

I really don't think that most posting here understand why some of us are so upset.

Let me try and provide a scenario that might give those of you that don't fully understand the attachment some of us have for our iconic traditional West Point uniform.

The Cavaliers administration has just announced that they will be allowing females to march this year then go back to all male next year.

Are those of you on your soapbox going to tell Cavalier Alumni to "Get over it."?

You going to tell them to "Wait and see before making up your mind."?

You going to tell them "It's no big deal."?

You going to tell them "Drum Corps shows have changed and you're limiting your shows potential by being all male."?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

That scenario, while flawed, hopefully will give some of you an idea of the magnitude of what we're feeling.

It's not JUST a uniform to some of us.

Why the hypothetical? Go review the fuss when Madison had just one female performer in 2005....also a one-year-only deal.