Water or Food allowed as props?

There is an official rule against water on the field that was passed after Magic of Orlando used water as a prop in 2004(?). The water got spread around the field in random locations. This created a dangerous field condition for the corps that followed Magic.

With the speed at which the marchers move these days, adding any foreign material to the field creates safety issues.

This doesn't sound so good for INT.

If food was an important part of the shows last year, we might have had these show titles:

Pacific Crest: Maize

To repeat a joke from last summer: while Pacific Crest offered Maize, the Cadets delivered Corn.

While this didn't take place during their show per se, in 1983 VK's drum majors had Chinese food delivered to them as everyone stood during retreat. I can't remember the name of the show but it was held in Anaheim and the trophies were shaped like little Bhuddas, hence the joke. They then offered various containers of rice, S&S pork and so on to the other drum majors-- SCV's DM refused but I * think * BD's accepted.

Here is a clip of BD's DMs playing along with VK's DMs BITD (food is involved):

• Like 1

While this didn't take place during their show per se, in 1983 VK's drum majors had Chinese food delivered to them as everyone stood during retreat. I can't remember the name of the show but it was held in Anaheim and the trophies were shaped like little Bhuddas, hence the joke. They then offered various containers of rice, S&S pork and so on to the other drum majors-- SCV's DM refused but I * think * BD's accepted.

Here is a clip of BD's DMs playing along with VK's DMs BITD (food is involved):

That show was the Oriental Odyssey.

I'm thinking "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" where Spicoli gets a pizza delivered to History Class. Velvet Knights? Beuller? Anyone?

Well the Glassmen once had a pizza delivered to retreat at a small show in Ohio. I believe it was 1987.

I was under the impression that water was allowed again as of '09.

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=5a8c68de-ec2a-4fd7-b816-3efe0a8e7de1