Flying Under The Radar

Teal Sound, hands down, was the most innovative musical unit last year in DCI, imo.

I give this Band credit for the decision to use guitarists with rock guitars in their on field performance last year. No other DCI unit on the field last year in World Class competition so completely crossed over into the realm that is indisputably the Band world, than did Teal Sound. I agree with you that once a unit crosses that threshold, there's probably no turning back for them. I also agree with you that this Band will probably do other things that will be exciting this year too.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

• Like 4

Teal Sound, hands down, was the most innovative musical unit last year in DCI, imo.

I give this Band credit for the decision to use guitarists with rock guitars in their on field performance last year. No other DCI unit on the field last year in World Class competition so completely crossed over into the realm that is indisputably the Band world, than did Teal Sound. I agree with you that once a unit crosses that threshold, there's probably no turning back for them. I also agree with you that this Band will probably do other things that will be exciting this year too.

DCI have allowed the use of electronics which makes what Teal Sound do very much Drum Corps. Their use of electronics isn't to everyones taste I grant you but wouldn't DCI be a very boring place if every corps did the same thing.

They have the staff, I'm told they have the numbers so only time will tell if the direction they're heading in is one that will take them up the rankings. I think it will.

• Like 1

I think these corps have a huge shot at making a BIG move in 2011! :thumbup:

Santa Clara Vanguard - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Blue Stars - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Boston Crusaders - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Madison Scouts - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Blue Knights - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Glassmen - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Colts - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

The Academy - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Troopers - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Spirit of Atlanta - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Crossmen - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Pacific Crest - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Mandarins - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Teal Sound - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Jersey Surf - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Cascades - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Pioneer - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

• Like 5

DCI have allowed the use of electronics which makes what Teal Sound do very much Drum Corps. Their use of electronics isn't to everyones taste I grant you but wouldn't DCI be a very boring place if every corps did the same thing.

They have the staff, I'm told they have the numbers so only time will tell if the direction they're heading in is one that will take them up the rankings. I think it will.

Perhaps my comments were misunderstood. I said " they are the most innovative unit in DCI". This makes them " different ". I did not call for units to " all be the same ". That would in fact be " boring " in my opinion. It's also pretty

clear they don't do" the same thing" as others. I do believe that they are a" band." I don't use that phrase as a pjorative, nor did I criticize them for being a " band ". I liked them last year as a matter of fact. I just used the phrase "a band " as a form of accuracy. They use a combo drum set, and a rock guitarist playing a rock guitar. There is noone that is not honest that would not recognize that such a unit as NOT being a " Band ", (as this is what some " Bands have ")..... Look, I mean no disrespect to the Teal Sound Band at all. Seriously. As far as Bands go, they are much closer to the conventional Drum and Bugle Corps than some other Bands out there. But surely, one must see that any unit that has drum set combo performers and guitars out front with brass marchers doing skits complementing the unit behind, that this is in fact a " band ". What's wrong with accuracy, where there was no attempt by me at all to disparage the Teal Sound Band, when in fact I complemented them on their uniqueness and innovativeness ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Santa Clara Vanguard - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Blue Stars - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Boston Crusaders - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Madison Scouts - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Blue Knights - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Glassmen - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Colts - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

The Academy - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Troopers - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Spirit of Atlanta - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Crossmen - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Pacific Crest - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Mandarins - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Teal Sound - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Jersey Surf - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Cascades - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Pioneer - They're looking really good and early in the season. They retained so many members. The design team has really designed a great show for this year that I think the fans and judges will like.

Wow, you took the time to cut and paste the same message over and over. Then again, I responded. tongue.gif

Milk-a What ?

Edited by BRASSO

I had to read about 4 of those before I got it. :P

Perhaps my comments were misunderstood. I said " they are the most innovative unit in DCI". This makes them " different ". I did not call for units to " all be the same ".

GOOD is GOOD . Different is Different.

Different does in NO way mean GOOD.

• Like 2