Can SCV beat BD out of the gate?

{obligatory comment about many other corps not having finished shows at the start of the season, yet only SCV getting in trouble for it, when last year and 2008 was two of the only years SCV didn't have a full show at the first competition, maybe we'll see BD come out with a half-finished show in June, who knows?}

I know it's a big goal for the staff to have everything down on the field from the start, and this could be the vehicle they need. Especially with the new staff additions, and the really exciting program.

SCV didn't have a finished show out of the gate in 1999 when they played their Inventions for a New Millennium - The Canyon * Symphony No. 2 *Symphony No. 1 * Blue Shades show.

They won that year.

SCV didn't have a finished show out of the gate in 1999 when they played their Inventions for a New Millennium - The Canyon * Symphony No. 2 *Symphony No. 1 * Blue Shades show.

They won that year.

true. But I think the real issue hasn't been just being done. It's having a show totally clean by finals. It has not been very often SCV can say that since 1999, especially since 06.

For some reason, I'm imagining the two corps lining up at the gate and racing to their opening sets! Whoever gets there and gets set first wins?

it will be interesting to see what impact (if any) the new schedule will have on the season. Will the finish order on 6/18 be same as the order on 8/13?

Probably not, but that would be interesting if it was the exact same for the top 8 at the beginning and end.

A better question would be can SCV and/or BD hold off the early season challenge from The Midwest & The East Coast.

Look at who BD & SCV are up against in the very 1st show of the season...

Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI

Bluecoats - Canton, OH

The Cadets - Allentown, PA

Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC

The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

Unlike the start of most seasons, this season BD & SCV will have more than just each other to worry about.

Edited by 3rd Glasgow BB

A better question would be can SCV and/or BD hold off the early season challenge from The Midwest & The East Coast.

Look at who BD & SCV are up against in the very 1st show of the season...

Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI

Bluecoats - Canton, OH

The Cadets - Allentown, PA

Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC

The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

Unlike the start of most seasons, this season BD & SCV will have more than just each other to worry about.

The bigger question is can SCV have enough ready to not be near the bottom of this group! Tough lineup to start with for sure....

I think SCV has gained some steam and fire in their collective bellies over the past few years. It all depends on how quickly each corps pulls stuff together. It's certainly feasible.

I guess that's one way of looking at it. You won't find a bigger non-biased (i.e. I have no connection with the corps other than fan) cheerleader of SCV than me, but in the last two seasons they went from 5th to 7th. Having a Rennick will help the percussion/music caption, but almost 7 points is a lot of ground to make it.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just improbable.