The Chase Big Idea "compare and contrast" thread

I've seen an influx of Cadets supporters voting for the Glassmen to keep them in the top 15, and I wanted to thank them in the most public setting I could. Thank you Cadets/Yea for helping the Glassmen as well. Please folks, help keep the Glassmen in the top 15. That's a huge difference between 15 and 16 monetarily, so if you have a vote available, please vote for the Glassmen and helping music education in Toledo!

• Like 2

If that's how you want to think about it, maybe you should vote for PetFinder instead and feel good about yourself for taxing YEA $100,000 or more for something so silly as helping sustain high school marching bands.

Maybe you should read what I write first before lashing out at me.

Not once have I suggested anyone NOT vote for a drum corps....or for any of the "big ideas" presented by these drum corps or their parent organizations.

• Like 2

the morally superior comes from putting down DCI as not making enough of a contribution to warrant your vote, and then voting for something else, because you view that the charity you support is better than DCI, and "actually helps people in need" (paraphrased).

Actually I never said who I voted for, or even if I voted.... And where EXACTLY did I put down DCI or anyone who voted for a DCI group? Also never said if any charity was "better" than another just stated a preference. Or is stating a preference or opinion somehow threatening. I stand by my previous thought that you are reading #### that is not there.

because local kids in "need" are not actually in "need" on a worldwide standard. They still have food and shelter, which is more than can be said for many people in the world

So is this your "morally superior" stance? Funny how it's OK if you do it.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

This poster is clearly implying that music issues are not real problems, but rather underprivileged children are the real problem. I am making the case that underprivileged children in the U.S. are not a real problem by worldwide standards, so "real" problems will vary from person to person, depending on their own personal standards that they imply. Of course, from the quote, you can see that this poster believes that HIS standards are morally superior, and as thus he has an enlightened view of the world that is not shared by the masses of DCP, who ignorantly vote to help music because they don't know enough about the "real" world.

Now I read this part, funny how you couldn't explain this to me when I asked a few days ago. Simply put you don't know me and you're wrong where I underlined. LIKE I SAID BEFORE... (maybe it'll sink in if I shout) I ONLY EXPRESSED MY PREFERENCE. Now how you missed that in the times I posted that here is beyond me. Also said I have no problems in how anyone voted which you somehow missed/ignored too.

Seems like I hit a nerve somehow.... Honestly did it upset you THAT much by using the term "real problems". If so what are you going to do when real life hits you square in the 'nads? Good thing I didn't say "more important problems".... Intersting that I've been "morally superior" when you've been the one being insulting "How nice your city is going bankrupt".

PS - As my friends could tell you, I'm too old (53), PA Dutchified and just have more pressing (read personal) issues to imply anything, I say it straight out and if anyone disagrees I'll be happy to discuss. Just can't stand people twisting my meaning in anyway which is what posts like this are doing. Simply put: If I'm going to <urinate> anyone off, let it be for the real reason, not a misunderstanding.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 3

For $500,000, y'all can't put up with a few extra emails? Are you kidding me?

Do you realize how hard they have to work to get any $100,000 in donations. So by spamming you - if that's the term you prefer - they can increase their chances for $100,000 or $200,000 or even $400,000 or $500,000, I think you should think that's an effort worth making. The inconvenience to you is small. The value to them is huge. What don't you understand about that?

HH

Or take the chance of PO'ing people that they think twice the next time. Emails don't bother me as I can check them on my schedule. It's the #### phone calls that come anytime and tie up the line if it's a robo call. All it takes is one of those when you're waiting for an update from the hospital (yes did happen) to want to strangle.

Or phone calls to every phone number in the area (not the case with these from what I can tell). Was visiting a family member in the hospital when every Patients phone on the floor was called.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

Maybe you should read what I write first before lashing out at me.

Not once have I suggested anyone NOT vote for a drum corps....or for any of the "big ideas" presented by these drum corps or their parent organizations.

Okay. Still not sure why then you would attempt in this discussion to differentiate YEA from Cadets. Seems to me a point worth one lash at least.

HH

• Like 2

Or take the chance of PO'ing people that they think twice the next time. Emails don't bother me as I can check them on my schedule. It's the #### phone calls that come anytime and tie up the line if it's a robo call. All it takes is one of those when you're waiting for an update from the hospital (yes did happen) to want to strangle.

Or phone calls to every phone number in the area (not the case with these from what I can tell). Was visiting a family member in the hospital when every Patients phone on the floor was called.

So hang up. Surely you're not saying that moment's inconvenience for you is worth possibly missing out on $100,000 or more?

HH

• Like 2

So hang up. Surely you're not saying that moment's inconvenience for you is worth possibly missing out on $100,000 or more?

HH

I was responding to the multiple phone calls that was reported.

My point is if one person is irritated by multiple emails, phone calls, whatever they might not be the only one. At some point the multiple pleas for whatever may cause a backlash that ends up costing more money than it takes in.

If you're looking at my post as a me, myself and I gripe you're totally missing the point. And if you're looking at this as a Chase issue only, that's another point missed.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

I was responding to the multiple phone calls that was reported.

My point is if one person is irritated by multiple emails, phone calls, whatever they might not be the only one. At some point the multiple pleas for whatever may cause a backlash that ends up costing more money than it takes in.

If you're looking at my post as a me, myself and I gripe you're totally missing the point. And if you're looking at this as a Chase issue only, that's another point missed.

My point is this isn't something to get bent out of shape about. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for Cadets or any corps to receive $500,000. Half a million is a big enough nut to justify risking driving drum corps fans a little nuts with a bunch of emails and two phone calls.

It was just two calls, if I've read this thread correctly. What's the big deal compared with $500,000, which is a super big deal for an activity that puts gas cans out in the hope that folks will drop a buck in.

HH

• Like 2