The Chase Big Idea "compare and contrast" thread

At least the email I just received ( past hour) was sorta funny......the "NO SPAM FROM OUR FOODTRUCK" one.

If I must deal with this sort of thing, at least be creative.

Thats one "Atta Boy" to DCI

Yea, that one was pretty funny. I like the creativity.

Does anyone know...

If you don't allow access to your personal FB data does your vote still count?

(Yes, I'm paranoid of all the aluminum foil-hat wearing-Michael Boo zombies flying around in black helicopters like vultures picking the scraps of long-dead bones. Aren't you?)

the only nerve you hit with me was saying drum corps and music are not "real issues". As I have said many times, you can vote for whatever you want, but to justify it by saying some issues are not "real" is misguided, because other people have different priorities.

If your city and another city were up for money based on who gets more votes, and I said "I voted for a real city, not your city" would that not imply that your city is inferior and not deserving? This is how I viewed your statement regarding the music groups.

edit: I realize it is possible (or likely) that we are talking past each other. And I am not angry at all, just so you know. :thumbup:

Oh I'm not upset either, just trying to find the disconnect. And I took your comments about world vs US problems very seriously and now appears you might have been trying to make a point which I missed. As far as the wording "real issues/problems" the term was stuck in my head due to a comment made last week. Know some people going thru scarey health issues and one actually said "at least I don't have real problems like...". Considering the crap she is going thru thought it was a brave thing to say so it stuck with me. Better wording would have been "more serious" or along those lines.

No problem and thanks for the comeback. LOL, understand the meaning behind "prorities" as that was beat into my head while young and I follow it too.

Yea, that one was pretty funny. I like the creativity.

Does anyone know...

If you don't allow access to your personal FB data does your vote still count?

(Yes, I'm paranoid of all the aluminum foil-hat wearing-Michael Boo zombies flying around in black helicopters like vultures picking the scraps of long-dead bones. Aren't you?)

You do have to "like" Chase, and that does give them some access to your profile. I solve that problem by not having sensitive info in my profile :tongue:

• Like 1

You do have to "like" Chase, and that does give them some access to your profile. I solve that problem by not having sensitive info in my profile :tongue:

I did "Like" Chase but after that, with each vote, I was asked to allow or disallow access to my personal information.

I did "Like" Chase but after that, with each vote, I was asked to allow or disallow access to my personal information.

After disallowing, when you go back to the the group's page, does it show that you've voted?

• Like 1

At least the email I just received ( past hour) was sorta funny......the "NO SPAM FROM OUR FOODTRUCK" one.

If I must deal with this sort of thing, at least be creative.

Thats one "Atta Boy" to DCI

that was good. Also the only email that didn't come from a corps. They must have a lot of drill done already

• Like 1