What do these corps have in common?

add crown to the list, and my statement would be the ONLY correct answer. lol.

No, because then you would also have to add: Blue Stars (2nd in 1972), Troopers (2nd in 1973), 27th Lancers (2nd in 1980). The other ones all hit the top 5 but never won or were runners up.

Yes, if you look at my list, where it says Kilties twice......that second Kilties was supposed to be Bridgemen. OK, I quit. I suck.

Trust me, the last thing i was trying to do was prove you wrong, i just thought you'd overlooked Bayonne 80, do not quit and you do not suck!!!!

No, because then you would also have to add: Blue Stars (2nd in 1972), Troopers (2nd in 1973), 27th Lancers (2nd in 1980). The other ones all hit the top 5 but never won or were runners up.

the ones you added here would also make it true, but crown, alone, would also make my statement true if it were a response to your opening post.

you'd have to signifcantly change the phrasing of your opening question to make it ONLY true if crown and all of the other coprs you listed above were in the original post.

The OP asked what a set group of corps have in common. Even though other corps may have been missed doesn't change what the set group has in common.

Yeah, I know. Nitpicking.

• Like 1

Suncoast won field brass in 1986. It was the only caption the Blue Devils lost.

Actually, field brass would be a subcaption. If you consider it a caption, then Blue Devils also lost ens. percussion, field vis. and G.E. Visual.

Edited by Russellrks

Winner! All have finished in the top 5, but never 1st or 2nd. Yay Bruckner!

Well, not to split hairs, but we're talking DCI years here presumably. Otherwise, this is factually not accurate. Both the Boston Crusaders and the Kilties have won World Class Division National Championships.... and at a period of time when the number of World Class Division Corps that were eligible for such a National Championship was more than triple the numbers of eligible Corps today.

Just sayin'

Edited by BRASSO

Well, not to split hairs, but we're talking DCI years here presumably. Otherwise, this is factually not accurate. Both the Boston Crusaders and the Kilties have won World Class Division National Championships.... and at a period of time when the number of World Class Division Corps that were eligible for such a National Championship was more than triple the numbers of eligible Corps today.

Just sayin'

I'm glad we're not splitting hairs, but we're talking DCI World Class presumably. :devil: With my own limited knowledge base, I can say that the Blue Stars not only won the Bluegrass Nationals in 1974 during DCI years, the corps took home a few DCI championships in Div II/III.

Thanks Hockey Dad for a fun thread... got a lot of good discussion going! :thumbup:

If you guys really need something to do, how about sorting my can of black pepper to see if theres any flea crap in it. :shutup: