What would you most like to see this season

I'd still like to see the day when 10 corps score 90 pts or more at Finals.

There were only 2 years in history where 9 corps have scored 90 pts or more at Finals - there has NOT been a year when 10 or more corps have scored 90 pts.

In 1992, the Blue Knights scored 90 points at Finals and took 9th. Velvet knights took 10th with 86.6

In 2004, the Crusaders scored 90.525 and took 9th. BKnights took 10th with 87.6

I'd also like to see one day, although it can't happen this year, is for someone to repeat other than the ones who have.

Only 4 different corps have won back to back titles, since DCI began in 1972.

Blue Devils did it 76-77, 79-80, 96-97, 2009-2010 (no three-peats, although they came .05 away from winning in 2008, they could have had a four-peat.

SCV did it in 73 and 74. (no three-peat)

Cadets did it in 83, 84 and 85. (Three-peat)

Cavaliers did it 2000, 2001 and 2002 (Three-peat)

The Blue Devils could get their first three-peat this year, and be the third corps to have done it.

Since I'm on the topic of statistics, here's a couple more for you.

The corps that has scored the highest without winning -

PR in 1989 scored 98.4 and took 2nd

BDevs in 04 scored 98.525 and took 2nd

And of course the record at Finals is still 99.15 of course, Cavaliers in 2002 and Cadets in 2005.

Edited by BoyWonder1911

not in 08!

great show...it was just timing I think anyone who came out other than the usual and had a chance to win drew support....it was a great show.kinda overrated in my opinion , but thats another topic. Yes there were more than a few who stay that year.

Blue Devils did it 76-77, 79-80, 96-97, 2009-2010 (no three-peats, although they came .05 away from winning in 2008, they could have had a four-peat.

Don't forget, BD won in 94, 96, and 97, and was undefeated all season until Championships week in 95. That could've been their first four-peat. And considering they were third in 98 by 0.7, won in 99, and 3rd and 2nd by 0.75 in 2000 and 2001, they weren't far off from 8-in-a-row.

I would like to see...

BD lose to chairs and mirrors - lets get a classic late 90's BD Show (97 is my favorite)

Corps bring back popular music that we can all recognize (i.e. 04 Cavaliers)

Blue Stars taking top 6, maybe to 4, and get out of the 8th place slot.

California world class corps (not including SCV and BD), placing higher, and in semis at least.

The roof at lucas oil stadium to open...

Exactly, though I'd like to see a new corps win. And another one of those moments destined to be in the montages forever.

Failing that, I'd settle for an over-the-top insane drum solo. Bring in some of the WGI craziness...

Mike

Funny you say that; an over-the-top insane drum solo similar to WGI craziness appears to be coming to a DCI field this summer... :ph34r:

What would make my year? If, at Championships week, the Blue Devils ditch the Bacharach ("Just kidding!") and unleash a fully prepared second show that's an homage to GWAR (complete with costumes).

That would be the best show ever, and probably the best use of props in the history of the marching arts (assuming BD did a 'stage show' similar to GWAR's stage shows) :thumbup::tongue:

I would like to see an arbitrary fan vote at each show of finals week including theatre votes. I feel like the champion of that will be my champion. I want to see the blue stars crack the top six taking the cavies spot.

I would like to see an arbitrary fan vote at each show of finals week including theatre votes. I feel like the champion of that will be my champion. I want to see the blue stars crack the top six taking the cavies spot.

That would not make much sense, because if you were going by fan vote, the Stars most likely take the cavies, instead you would most liikely find cavies winning it all then if not be very close to it.

Sorry my statements were meant to be separate. I want to see the vote tried with no expactations but consideration for future scoring. We will never know if Mason was right until we try.