2011 Prediction Thread!

Strange. Last night at the show they announced that MBI won the music caption. The recap shows otherwise. MBI was first on one sheet but Buccaneers won the caption. No biggie.

Good luck to all. Great show.

MBI won music ensemble. Bucs won brass and percussion. Bucs won overall. While I absolutely loved MBI, they shouldn't have beaten Bucs in that caption by any stretch. Bottom of the sheet, maybe, but not the top. I'd love to hear the tapes he made for MBI and Bucs.

It sounds like a good score and good "read" for MBI for their first time out east this season. If they pull ahead of Bucs in percussion (like they did last year) and tie in horns (again, like last year), it could be a close one. They'd also really have to refine their visual though.

It sounds like a good score and good "read" for MBI for their first time out east this season. If they pull ahead of Bucs in percussion (like they did last year) and tie in horns (again, like last year), it could be a close one. They'd also really have to refine their visual though.

I was curious and looked this up. I think you have it backwards. Bucs and MBI tied in drums and MBI won horns. But it was a 3 way tie for horns on finals night, Minnesota must have edged Empire and Bucs out on prelims.

I was curious and looked this up. I think you have it backwards. Bucs and MBI tied in drums and MBI won horns. But it was a 3 way tie for horns on finals night, Minnesota must have edged Empire and Bucs out on prelims.

Unless it is wrong, according to DCA's posted recap of 2010 Finals, MBI won percussion. MBI won the Field Brass sub, Empire won Ensemble Brass sub, with a 3-way tie overall. MBI won the Music Composite caption. Perhaps it may have been announced backwards at the show?

Edited by Ron H

Empire?

Unless it is wrong, according to DCA's posted recap, MBI won percussion. MBI won the Field Brass sub, Empire won Ensemble Brass sub, with a 3-way tie overall. MBI won the Music Composite caption. Perhaps it may have been announced backwards at the show?

Skeptic is right. We won Horns and tied in percussion. I believe its a total over the 2 nights?

People are getting some stories confused. I think you are speaking about Finals last year, where as they were originally speaking about this past weekend.

Thank you and yes, that is exactly why I was confuzzled.

Aren't the Rocketeers an upstart mini corps? I did not know they had intentions of fielding anything.

The Rocketeers current plans are Mini Corps, parade and ensemble. We will be a year round corps and hope to help our neighbor corps by encouraging those who want to be in a field corps to participate in Atlanta and Nashville during the summer season and still have a place to play during the "off" season.