Troopers bus involved in accident this morning

Wishing a speedy recovery for those injured, and a safe drum corps season for all Corps Members, staff and family. My prayers go out to all involved. Safe travels from here on out.

I just heard this news, literally. Thank you all for your kind thoughts. If I hear anything official from Casper, I'll post what I can.

Are they still in Iowa now? Their site says they were headed to indiana, but obviously this would complicate that.

Thoughts and prayers to everyone involved.

Glad to hear nobody was seriously injured. Hopefully this is the only accident for the 2011 season.

One article noted that the Troopers were heading for Greenfield, IA tonight. (Going to Google Earth soon to see if such exists...... there is a Greenfield, IN which may have been what the author intended)....

I-80 has seen it's share of drum corps bus incidents over the years and I am hoping that no one is too badly shaken up by this accident.

I have a feeling DOT is going to be at more than just 1 or 2 competition sites this summer because of this.....tires are supposed to be checked out to make sure they are in good condition. Of course, things happen and tires do blow, but all the same, we have to be careful out there.

I know for a fact that the tour bus drivers like to go 70-75mph down the highways - our RVs can't keep up with them, neither can my semi truck. Well, this truck isn't governed, but I still keep it set at between 65-68. I think the buses should be governed at 70mph, especially with all those kids on board.

I hope the rest of the season goes smoothly and safely.

Latest official news is everyone has been released from the hospital and all are being reunited.

Link to Troopers' Facebook page.

Edited by Michael Boo

It would be nice if whoever wrote that article did ANY research at all. High school students on their way to a band competition? This is why drum corps will never be popular among the mainstream - because people are way too lazy to actually look it up and decide to just assume that it's all "band."

• Like 3