Crossmen 2011

Shameless plug to join Club Unity so they can buy new uniforms and other things they need.

Join online today: from the Crossmen website

Edited by xbones7480

Best X-Men in years. Seriously.

Forget the judges. Rip my face off. :smile:

Finals is coming. Maybe not this year . . .but if you can keep this design core and the kids coming back . . .it won't be long.

++

Love the design! Love the show! Thank you Crossmen! thumbup.gif

Best X-Men in years. Seriously.

Forget the judges. Rip my face off. :smile:

Finals is coming. Maybe not this year . . .but if you can keep this design core and the kids coming back . . .it won't be long.

Talked to my Crossmen on Wednesday. He said there are only seven kids who will age-out of the brass line this year. He also mentioned that the 200 kids that would be trying out for those seven positions better bring it! It sounds like a majority of the brass line is planning on coming back!

Heard the Crossmen for the first time today while driving in to work. Very nice show. Musically, it makes sense from start to finish - there's a logical flow to it - and the jazz gives them a sound unlike any other corps in DCI right now. It's definitely a type of show you'd hear and go, "Yep, that's the Crossmen" without knowing beforehand.

Mike

Heard the Crossmen for the first time today while driving in to work. Very nice show. Musically, it makes sense from start to finish - there's a logical flow to it - and the jazz gives them a sound unlike any other corps in DCI right now. It's definitely a type of show you'd hear and go, "Yep, that's the Crossmen" without knowing beforehand.

Mike

Bolding is mine.

And that's the reason why I think so many of the alumni are happy with this year.... regardless of numbers and placements. We've been waiting a long time for the Crossmen to return to their signature sound. They finally have a staff that brought back what was missing!!! The trick now is to not mess with the formula so much in future years so that they continue to take steps forwards, rather than backwards.

To me, this year is another beginning for the corps.... similar to how '88 was for my generation.

Edited by kac
  • Like 2

Talked to my Crossmen on Wednesday. He said there are only seven kids who will age-out of the brass line this year. He also mentioned that the 200 kids that would be trying out for those seven positions better bring it! It sounds like a majority of the brass line is planning on coming back!

I heard there were only four brass age-outs, unless some of the ones that just came in to fill holes are aging out.

The key is having the members return to build on this year. I am encouraging my son to stay w crossmen fir several reasons. Mostly I see a quality organization.