This weekend, as the season begins . . .

Well, here we are again.

This may look familiar to long time posters, as it's just a tweak for 2011 of our annual post to the community as the season gets started.

If you've seen this before, keep it in the back of your mind as you post this summer.

If you haven't seen it . . .well, welcome to DCP. :tongue:

Anyway . . . passions will run high here, your favorite corps will get critiqued in a way you might not like . . .and people generally are on a shorter fuse this time of the year. It happens every summer.

In addition, we're sure to welcome new members and folks through the course of the season who may not be familiar with the ins and outs of the forums and community in general.

Here, then, is a small reminder of one of the more important pieces of the Community Guidelines:

In other words, please don't attack each other . . .or other people outside of the Community. Feel free to critique show designs, performances and everything under the sun if you want, but please don't get personal, though.

Wrong: "Director X of corps Y is an idiot".

"Poster Z is a chump."

Better: "Director X of corps Y is doing some things I'm not happy with. For example, example A."

"Well, poster Z, I don't understand that viewpoint because. . ."

Take personal issues between posters to PM if possible; think of it this way: if you were having an argument with someone, would you rather do it face-to-face in your own house, or out in the street for everyone to see? ( . . .that's a rhetorical question, by the way. Heh.)

As always . . .if you see something that you don't think belongs here, or is breaking DCP Guidelines, report it. The moderation staff will do their best to check it out as quickly as possible. We're not able to be everywhere at once, so we depend on your eyes as well as our own to take care of the trolls, spammers and other ne'er-do-wells that may plague the forums, especially with the increased forum activity during the season.

Thanks for reading, and whether you're here for the scores, the discussions or just the heck of it . . . have fun this season! :smile:

my annual reply:

:bleah:

not%20me.gif

:innocent:

:tounge2:

My favorite part is looking back and seeing how many of my posts have been deleted (like the one you quoted me on, for instance)...

EDIT: Speaking of, holy crap - almost 3,500 posts? Am I really that bored?

<<<<<<<<<<

no

:tongue:

You should start a "Putting Our Foot Down: DCI Season 2011" campaign lol

They(the mods) have had that foot down all off-season. Let me tell ya, I know.(right bawker) They do a great job, gotta give them props.

Lets get fired up people, get out and support your Drum Corps in 2011!

DCI WORLD CLASS DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS RULE!

PEACE!

Well, here we are again.

This may look familiar to long time posters, as it's just a tweak for 2011 of our annual post to the community as the season gets started.

If you've seen this before, keep it in the back of your mind as you post this summer.

Anyway . . . passions will run high here, your favorite corps will get critiqued in a way you might not like . . .and people generally are on a shorter fuse this time of the year. It happens every summer.

In addition, we're sure to welcome new members and folks through the course of the season who may not be familiar with the ins and outs of the forums and community in general.

Here, then, is a small reminder of one of the more important pieces of the Community Guidelines:

In other words, please don't attack each other . . .or other people outside of the Community. Feel free to critique show designs, performances and everything under the sun if you want, but please don't get personal, though.

"Poster Z is a chump."

Better: "Director X of corps Y is doing some things I'm not happy with. For example, example A."

Take personal issues between posters to PM if possible; think of it this way: if you were having an argument with someone, would you rather do it face-to-face in your own house, or out in the street for everyone to see? ( . . .that's a rhetorical question, by the way. Heh.)

As always . . .if you see something that you don't think belongs here, or is breaking DCP Guidelines, report it. The moderation staff will do their best to check it out as quickly as possible. We're not able to be everywhere at once, so we depend on your eyes as well as our own to take care of the trolls, spammers and other ne'er-do-wells that may plague the forums, especially with the increased forum activity during the season.

Thanks for reading, and whether you're here for the scores, the discussions or just the heck of it . . . have fun this season! :smile:

Here's a good article from the most reputable news source on the planet that would help anyone before they post anything here:

http://onion.com/kEr8eA

Well, here we are again.

"Poster Z is a chump."

Nice speech... I hear there's an opening for a congressman in Queens. :cool:

Edited by 3rd Glasgow BB

Let us also remember that even if you follow the guidelines, the mods will ban you without warning or reason. I mean sure, you ruffled some feathers from time to time...but then one day, BAM, no more DCP.

Doesn't matter though, because I'll always come back and there's nothing they can do to stop me. Wonder if the Gods will leave this post up or hide it?

Your Pal,

Luvs_Me_Sum_Mello

Wonder no more - I think we'll leave your challenge live for now because it serves our purpose, not yours.

1. several suspensions for trolling as well as numerous post edits and online warnings over two seasons is hardly 'without warning or reason'.

2. Banning has never been arbitrary - ever.

3. Proxy posting on behalf of banned individuals will likely net the same result.

Let's enjoy the season, folks. gonna be a great one, methinks!