Scores for the first two shows

P.S. I also think the reverse order thing on different nights is another experiment and I'm very interested in how the audience shows up on Sunday.

I agree. I think it's a good experiment. First, you encourage more people come early to see BD and Cavies and of course the incentive is to stay for the whole thing to see the scores asap.

I agree. I think it's a good experiment. First, you encourage more people come early to see BD and Cavies and of course the incentive is to stay for the whole thing to see the scores asap.

Also, re the experimental nature of things here. Are the judges different on each night? If so, then I'm betting reversing the order the second night is going to make a big difference in how BD and Cavies in particular score versus the first night. It'll be interesting to see if the order difference makes the point gap between 1st and 8th bigger or smaller.

And face the wrath of Dan Acheson?!?

He will make you do Dan Acheson push-ups in front of all of DCP and those are no fun at all.

the reversed order shouldn't make a difference this early. first corps goes on, gets a score and then all other scores are based on that score. the only thing the change in order could do is keep the scores higher or lower depending on what the first corps gets, but shouldn't affect the placement unless some of the corps are very close to each other competitively.

We need computerized judging.

A corps goes on, the performance is recorded, a computer program will analyze the visuals and come out with a % factor of how the visuals lined up. Then the recording of the music will be put into the program and analyzed for things like being in tune, missed notes, dynamics, articulation, etc.

Then for the GE, since it's pretty much subjective anyway, let the fans score it. Make it count for 25% of the score.

This way, scores will not be judged based upon 1)the first to perform and 2)in relation to a corps before or after (well I gave the Cadets a 9.5 in brass, but I thought the Cavaliers sounded a little better, so they get 9.5. Oh heck, why not, just give them 9.575 to make it look like we're scoring more accurately.)

Problem solved.

There will be no disputes or complaints since the computer is incapable of bias.

The only way to ensure the results are kept out of the public domain is to tell nobody.

... so said a NY Congressmen to his female internet friend.

Edited by BRASSO

... so said a NY Congressmen to his female internet friend.

that even made the news this side of the pond... idiot.

We need computerized judging.

There will be no disputes or complaints since the computer is incapable of bias.

Bahahaha! :w00t:

The folks on here would gripe if drum corps were suddenly the biggest and most funded activity in the world and they were all handed a pound of gold.

This site griped and groaned that DCI wasn't fan-oriented and now that they are trying to do something to encourage that they are conspiracy-theorizing how it will be totally unfair. Qutcha whinin!

By the way, Who cares if the scores leak? I'm going to the Monday event whether I know them or not. I doubt the world will stop turning.