DCPI season 16 discussion thread

Looks like those caption changes are paying off. :blink:

That's two... count 'em, TWO... FANFARE corps atop CLASS juggernaut The Knights in Mankato last night.

Now that half the season is over and we've finally woken up, maybe us Fanfare boys can give Class a run for its money. :tongue:

we are waiting until after this weekend for our next big changes just to see how things play out...we have a twist on the weekend as well...

Some wildly fluctuating scores all across the board...

FANFARE's on top, CLASS knocks 'em back, INDEPENDENT sends both orgs reeling, repeat. hehe!

Looks to be another season-long brawl! :thumbup:

FB!E is keeping pace (finally!), waiting for new point to make adjustments.

Polaris has tacked on 3.275 points to its score in just the past three days. Has the sleeping beast awoken?

Welcome back Regiment!

The Star camp is also weighing changes to their shows. Looks like rain out, bring on Minneapolis!

Scores from day 1 at Stanford and Minneapolis are up. Looks like after several days' worth of stagnant scoring, the judges are finally getting the message that they need to actually start rewarding the corps that are genuinely getting better.

And the good news is, with the weather for tomorrow's DCI show in Minneapolis looking very favorable, there's a good chance that all those fantasy directors who have been scratching their heads wondering what the ####'s been going on with some of their numbers because some of the DCI corps they're relying on have decided to go AWOL from competition for the last week or so will finally start seeing some better results.

Also, I recall earlier in the season seeing a few corps who "accidentally" registered for both days of these and other weekend events like Tampa and Piscataway. If your corps happened to have performed on Day 1, they won't be scored for Day 2.

Count me in as one of the scratchers... I've no clue wths goin' on. :huh:

Hoping some consistency happens soon.

Thought a new point would've been added during the past couple days (last one came on the 7th), when does the next one come?

And the good news is, with the weather for tomorrow's DCI show in Minneapolis looking very favorable, there's a good chance that all those fantasy directors who have been scratching their heads wondering what the ####'s been going on with some of their numbers because some of the DCI corps they're relying on have decided to go AWOL from competition for the last week or so will finally start seeing some better results.

PLEASE. Because I'm totally lost right now. This has been a bizarre season.

Also, I recall earlier in the season seeing a few corps who "accidentally" registered for both days of these and other weekend events like Tampa and Piscataway. If your corps happened to have performed on Day 1, they won't be scored for Day 2.

Does it matter which day we registered for? These aren't two-day, prelims/finals competitions like regionals, right?

Thought a new point would've been added during the past couple days (last one came on the 7th), when does the next one come?

Nope, there's always a week or two with no increase since the DCI season is longer than the point schedule. I show increases scheduled for 7/18, 7/31, and 8/4(?).

Nope, there's always a week or two with no increase since the DCI season is longer than the point schedule. I show increases scheduled for 7/18, 7/31, and 8/4(?).

Aha - Thanks! Guess I got spoiled with the weekly raises, hehe!

Does it matter which day we registered for? These aren't two-day, prelims/finals competitions like regionals, right?

No, these are more like DCI's Allentown show.

A nice run by Jupiter on Saturday night! Very close score margin to our Regiment friends. We are a bit surprised to have the high score of the weekend.

Not sure if CLASS noticed but FANFARE corps are the top 4 of 5 in World Class and 1-2-3 in Open.

Edited by StarOrg

There corps missing from the Standford show according to the show line up.

Corps Registered for

Stanford CA

on 2011-07-16

as of July 17, 2011 at 16:19:33

Division 1 Corps

Black Regiment

California Knights (no score)

Renegade Brigade

The Elite Brigade

The Stud Bolts

Velour Knights (no score)

Xpress