The Saginaw Saloon

Do you think that the "Rankings" in DCI's score section gives the judges too much information and opens it up for slotting, If you have followed the rankings closely over the past few years, did you notice any big changes in the placements

This is an easy question to answer as the entire show format was an example of " slotting " where previous placements had a direct influence on even the participation in the event itself.

The question on whether or not there is " slotting " in DCI has finally been settled. The TOC format is the personification itself of " slotting " within the World Class Division, where what a Corps did previously has a direct bearing on future competition selection that allows an advantaged competitive standing that in turn accrues a host of advantages. The good news here is that we can finally move away from this once contentious issue, as this issue of whether or not there is World Class Competitive Division " slotting " has finally been settled once and for all.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

You are totally right. People argue that there were sooooooooo many corps back in the day...well that'the point back in the daykids have many more choices then we all did and are very selective how they will spend their time and money.

If I read this correctly (and it's not easy to do), are the local kids even considered? Or has the recruiting gotten so far afield that the corps overlook the talent in their own backyard? The cost of doing drumcorps has exponentially increased over the last 40 years. Tour fees aren't cheap. But adding in the cost and potential problems of travel to camps almost doubles the total cost of participation.

Garry in Vegas

just a check point between point A and B............but yes you can call it another set i suppose

Yeah.

In the dot system, midsets are of paramount importance. Heck, I think they're important for any system, but the Cavaliers are somewhat obsessive about them.

A member will tend to know his midsets (if not quarter sets) for each of his drill moves and will have them written down in his dot book.

dm'd him and he has a separate acct for that ( @CorpsShows).

tonights list:

http://twitter.com/#!/CorpsShows/dci-20110618-tx

Yeah, sorry for the confusion, but I thought I'd split it into two accounts for the folks who only want scores.

http://twitter.com/CorpsShows/lists is where I'll be setting up lists this year.