Who's Going To Win The Brass Title This Season?

196 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Winning Brass?

Pretty self explanatory. Who's winning Brass and why?

You've left out several corps in this poll.

• Like 1

You've left out several corps in this poll.

I listed the Top 8 from last season, and there's also a choice at the bottom of the list titled "Somebody else" :cool:

• Like 2

I really want to say Cavaliers, but I have no clue what they sound like.

Crown is also a contender, but I do not know what they will sound like either. I choose not to watch any videos or listen to any audio before the first show.

From the reactions other DCI'ers are having, BD sounds like they will have (once again) a stellar season musically. So I voted for them.

I voted for BD for two reasons: They sound fabulous in their preseason recordings. My son is a contra player with Devils. That is all.

• Like 1

Personally, no horn line should win the award unless they are actually playing musical phrases that, IMO, are "musical." Too many corps (BD included) have gone to "snippets" of music that, IMO, should disqualify them from contention. Why is BD's brass line so good? I honestly don't know. I haven't been a fan of theirs musically, in a very long time. However, I will wait and see what they do to this years music before passing judgement.

• Like 3

Personally, no horn line should win the award unless they are actually playing musical phrases that, IMO, are "musical." Too many corps (BD included) have gone to "snippets" of music that, IMO, should disqualify them from contention. Why is BD's brass line so good? I honestly don't know. I haven't been a fan of theirs musically, in a very long time. However, I will wait and see what they do to this years music before passing judgement.

Bang, bang, bang, motif, bang, bang, bang, motif.

Old school BD prior to about 99, had these gorgeous flowing, full length songs. The musicality was breathtaking.

I honestly think it is BD's to lose this season. They sound light years ahead of the other top corps I've heard so far.

Bang, bang, bang, motif, bang, bang, bang, motif.

Old school BD prior to about 99, had these gorgeous flowing, full length songs. The musicality was breathtaking.

I honestly think it is BD's to lose this season. They sound light years ahead of the other top corps I've heard so far.

Not having heard anything from BD, is it because they are still playing the aforementioned "snippets?" Also, it's pretty easy to sound good playing "snippets" standing still. (not that BD is known for breakneck drill)

• Like 2