2011 Rankings

Which Ones?

The highest score I've seen for the Govies was a 16.1 and a 16.5 for the Kilties. Reading is at a 19.0

Edited by Fastone

thanks bill. that's what i was trying to say. but thye man thinks he's always right . but what he dosen't realize we are all human and make mistakes. i really wouldn't want him judgeing me.

Well-- yes, we're all human. What Bill assumes is that the read is always incompetent, that the adjudicator is incompetent and that everything done is effectively always worthless. He sounds like that young man on another thread from Kilties as well. I wonder where the young man learned that from. The second you start second guessing yourself and fill with self-doubt about what you observe- you may as well tie everyone, pat 'em all on the back, and tell everyone- "Great job!" Wishy-washy decisions made during a contest as an adjudicator usually result in bad final decisions and unhappy people in the long run. If you have no self-confidence in this activity that you can do the job- I don't care if you're a performer, instructor or adjudicator, you're never going to succeed and do a good job. Self-doubt is the biggest enemy in this activity. Not another corps, not the judges. You MUST believe in yourself and your corpsmates, or fellow judges. If you make a mistake, apologize- fix it, move on, get better. Don't think that adjudicators don't take their run downs and go over them again after the contest a few times to think about what they might have done better. They do. I do. I can assure you the top DCA soloists don't have blowing it in the backs of their minds when they step out of the form. They believe in themselves. Or... you hear stuff that makes everyone wince in the stands.

You may not want me evaluating you, Don- but I assure you I shoot straight and I'm ethical. You may not agree on my assessment- It may not be perfect- but it's the best one I can make and the best call I can give based on my education and experience. I would say any other adjudicator would tell you the same thing. It's not easy, and some of you clearly haven't been in the hot seat, and would rather criticize and throw bricks. Sad. It's easy to do throw the bricks unless you've actually been in the situation. It's what most people do- blame the judges for stealing the contest. Blame them for ruining the season instead of realizing that maybe they should have worked harder in rehearsal- maybe made show changes or better use of rehearsal time as an instructor, etc.

It's sad that you two seem to think the adjudicator is constantly flawed and always at fault. It does answer some questions that were on my mind, especially about the one young man from Kilties griping and whining about the Sunday number on another thread. If the griping and assumption that all adjudicators are innately incorrect and flawed every time they try and make a decision is endemic to that organization- which perhaps it is seeing another veteran member gripe and say effectively that everyone that adjudicates doesn't know what they're doing and should second guess every decision and assessment they make because they're imperfect and everything they've done all season is flawed as well--- it's a real problem and an obstacle to the ultimate success of said organization, period. Again, easier to point the fingers at the panels and absolve the 'man in the mirror' than actually try and get the corps' act together. Keep up that kind of negative attitude, those young adults from NJ who've been taking a beating all year from those incompetent nincompoops in the press box who've have been busting their humps to get it together regardless of the beatings might be performing in finals instead.

• Like 2

Ed, you're in error on a few as well.

In my best Ed McMahon voice. You are correct sir.

I picked up the Govies Guard score the first time round. This list should be more accurate. I think the only corps I am missing is Renegades and Cincinnati tradition.. I think the only score we have for them is a DCI score?????

1st Bucs 190 Scranton, PA

2nd MBI 186 St. Peter, MN

3rd Hurs 184 Secaucus, NJ

4th Statesmen 177 Cicero Ny

5th Cabs 173 Scranton, PA

6th Fusion 170 Secaucus, NJ

7th Carolina Gold 168 Toms River NJ

8th Alliance 168 Douglasville Ga

9th Bush 167 Secaucus, NJ

10 Kilties 165 St. Peter, MN

11.Govies 161 St. Peter, MN

12.TBT 156 Douglasville Ga

13.WR 155 Secaucus, NJ

14.Sun 148 Secaucus, NJ

15 HCB 128 St. Peter, MN

16.EX 128 Cicero Ny

17.CV 127 Douglasville Ga

18.WS 122 Cicero NY

19.SS 112 Douglasville Ga

Edited by camel lips

With all due respect, I do not assume anything whatsoever as initially speculated in the opening of the below response; what I mentioned was (as with everything in life) that it's of my opinion an assumption is not a definite and there by open to be a flawed formula and to base anything (in anyone's life) on assumptions is at best risky. Custer assumed there were just a couple Lakota's down by the Little Big Horn (river).....how'd that work out for him and his troops?

Well-- yes, we're all human. What Bill assumes is that the read is always incompetent, that the adjudicator is incompetent and that everything done is effectively always worthless. He sounds like that young man on another thread from Kilties as well. I wonder where the young man learned that from. The second you start second guessing yourself and fill with self-doubt about what you observe- you may as well tie everyone, pat 'em all on the back, and tell everyone- "Great job!" Wishy-washy decisions made during a contest as an adjudicator usually result in bad final decisions and unhappy people in the long run. If you have no self-confidence in this activity that you can do the job- I don't care if you're a performer, instructor or adjudicator, you're never going to succeed and do a good job. Self-doubt is the biggest enemy in this activity. Not another corps, not the judges. You MUST believe in yourself and your corpsmates, or fellow judges. If you make a mistake, apologize- fix it, move on, get better. Don't think that adjudicators don't take their run downs and go over them again after the contest a few times to think about what they might have done better. They do. I do. I can assure you the top DCA soloists don't have blowing it in the backs of their minds when they step out of the form. They believe in themselves. Or... you hear stuff that makes everyone wince in the stands.

You may not want me evaluating you, Don- but I assure you I shoot straight and I'm ethical. You may not agree on my assessment- It may not be perfect- but it's the best one I can make and the best call I can give based on my education and experience. I would say any other adjudicator would tell you the same thing. It's not easy, and some of you clearly haven't been in the hot seat, and would rather criticize and throw bricks. Sad. It's easy to do throw the bricks unless you've actually been in the situation. It's what most people do- blame the judges for stealing the contest. Blame them for ruining the season instead of realizing that maybe they should have worked harder in rehearsal- maybe made show changes or better use of rehearsal time as an instructor, etc.

It's sad that you two seem to think the adjudicator is constantly flawed and always at fault. It does answer some questions that were on my mind, especially about the one young man from Kilties griping and whining about the Sunday number on another thread. If the griping and assumption that all adjudicators are innately incorrect and flawed every time they try and make a decision is endemic to that organization- which perhaps it is seeing another veteran member gripe and say effectively that everyone that adjudicates doesn't know what they're doing and should second guess every decision and assessment they make because they're imperfect and everything they've done all season is flawed as well--- it's a real problem and an obstacle to the ultimate success of said organization, period. Again, easier to point the fingers at the panels and absolve the 'man in the mirror' than actually try and get the corps' act together. Keep up that kind of negative attitude, those young adults from NJ who've been taking a beating all year from those incompetent nincompoops in the press box who've have been busting their humps to get it together regardless of the beatings might be performing in finals instead.

Govies Guard score @ St. Peter show was 17.8

In my best Ed McMahon voice. You are correct sir.

I picked up the Govies Guard score the first time round. This list should be more accurate. I think the only corps I am missing is Renegades and Cincinnati tradition.. I think the only score we have for them is a DCI score?????

2nd MBI 186 St. Peter, MN

11.Govies 161 St. Peter, MN

12.TBT 156 Douglasville Ga

13.WR 155 Secaucus, NJ

14.Sun 148 Secaucus, NJ

15 HCB 128 St. Peter, MN

16.EX 128 Cicero Ny

17.CV 127 Douglasville Ga

18.WS 122 Cicero NY

19.SS 112 Douglasville Ga

WOW!!! you talk about throwing bricks???? did you bother reading tom peashey's post? he's been around an extremly long time and he blew you out of the water. and ya know what i agree with him 100%. you get on here and post like your the end all be all but your not. yes your pretty smart but i wouldn't want you as a judge. a show from another week has nothing to do with the show a judge is doing on the present week. so your just plain wrong. and maybe you don't want my evaluation of you but you just got it. i never said any one that judge is flawed. don't put words in my mouth. from this point on i will not respond to your posts..........it ain't worth it.

Highest drumline scores to date.

Edit for corrections.

2nd MBI 186St. Peter, MN