2011 Rankings

different panels.......different places. but yes let's see if i'm right or wrong. very interesting i would say.

.1 is statistically nothing when drawn from 2 different contests with two different panels. It means they're kind of within the same numeric cloud.

What it does mean by my guess is that MBI really did something to seriously cleam up and improve the overall visual package in all aspects possible or that they have the horn line playing at an insane level. I saw MBI and Bucs at Bucknell, so that'd have to be what's going on.

I know but what Im saying is in past years Bucs still had a decent lead after this weekend of shows. So really different panels/shows has nothing to do with it. My point is Bucs dont have the 1.0+ lead that they normally have this time of year.

I know but what Im saying is in past years Bucs still had a decent lead after this weekend of shows. So really different panels/shows has nothing to do with it. My point is Bucs dont have the 1.0+ lead that they normally have this time of year.

And when it all comes down to it, it doesn't matter where the shows are, prelims order is still based off these scores from "2 different contests with two different panels" ... whether it be a 2 point difference or a .1 difference

And when it all comes down to it, it doesn't matter where the shows are, prelims order is still based off these scores from "2 different contests with two different panels" ... whether it be a 2 point difference or a .1 difference

Well, MBI has a show today and we'll see where they land. Bucc's have their home show next weekend and it is certainly possible that they will end with an overall higher score heading into Rochester. We won't know what all that means until Prelims, but it certainly makes for some excitement. And, I personally don't find it hard to imagine some other corps making a move. This time between the last show and Prelims was always a time where I felt we made the most progress in terms of refining the show and going in with great confidence. So, we shall see who among all the top corps has the best few weeks of rehearsal come Prelims.

I said this last year after championships, Bucc's are great champions that always seem able to raise their game. Having had the honor to compete last year, I can say we did our best and I'm proud to have been a part of it and perhaps we nipped at their heels a bit. If you go back and look at some of the comments from last year, you may see that some thought they had a somewhat off night for Prelims. But they raised their game for finals and gave a great performance like a true champion. If someone is to top them, they will need to lay down a remarkable performance. I only wish I could be there to see the shows, but sadly I'm unable to travel to Rochester this year.

Updated with scores from yesterday and this afternoon:

Rank - High score Corps Last score (Pen) (Date and place of last show) +-Score Change (Date of previous show)

Open Class:

1 - 94.25 Minnesota Brass 94.25 (8-21, St Peter MN) +1.15 (8-20)

2 - 93.00 Buccaneers 93.00 91.95 (8-20, Scranton, PA) +1.05 (8-13)

3 - 91.95 Hurricanes 91.95 (8-21, Secaucus NJ) +1.30 (8-20)

4 - 89.70 Empire Statesmen 89.70 (8-13, Cicero NY) +2.05 (8-6)

5 - 89.25 Caballeros 89.25 (8-21, Secaucus NJ) 1.75 (8-20)

6 - 84.20 Alliance 84.20 (8-20, Douglasville GA) +4.30 (8-6)

7 - 81.30 CorpsVets 81.30 (8-20, Douglasville GA) +4.30 (8-6)

8 - 78.90 Kilties 77.65 (8-21, St Peter MN) -1.25 (8-20)

9 - 76.55 Tampa Bay Thunder 76.55 (8-20, Douglasville GA) +5.40 (8-6)

10- 76.35 Renegades 76.35 (7-17, Bellflower CA) +1.50 (7-16)

11- 75.45 Bushwackers 75.45 (8-21, Secaucus NJ) +4.65 (8-20)

Class A:

1 - 86.60 Govenaires 86.60 (8-21, St Peter MN) +2.05 (8-20)

2 - 84.20 Fusion Core 84.20 (8-21, Secaucus NJ) +1.15 (8-20)

3 - 79.05 Carolina Gold 79.05 (8-13, Toms River NJ) +5.00 (7-16)

4 - 76.55 Windsor Regiment 69.60 (8-21, Secaucus NJ) +6.95 (7-9)

5 - 70.65 Sunrisers 70.65 (8-21, Secaucus NJ) +0.30 (8-13)

6 - 69.70 High Country Brass 69.30 (8-21, St Peter MN) -0.40 (8-20)

7 - 68.80 Shenandoah Sound 68.80 (8-20, Douglasville GA) +4.10 (8-6)

8 - 68.30 White Sabers 68.30 (8-13, Cicero NY) +4.10 (8-6)

9 - 67.30 SoCal Dream 67.15 (7-17, Bellflower CA) +1.80 (7-16)

10- 63.20 Cincinnati Tradition 63.20 (8-6, Racine WI) +0.9 (7-8)

11- 63.15 Excelsior 63.15 (8-13, Cicero NY) +3.95 (8-6)

• Like 2

Unless MBI made some serious strides in Ensemble visual and Guard... or that their horns are utterly through the roof- My thoughts are if they'd been head to head with Bucs this weekend, maybe you'd see that.

• Like 1

Unless MBI made some serious strides in Ensemble visual and Guard... or that their horns are utterly through the roof- My thoughts are if they'd been head to head with Bucs this weekend, maybe you'd see that.

different panels aside, they are close. wish recaps were up for the sunday shows, with MBI jumping 1.15 in a day, something had to of gotten better.

vis ensemble, guard, vis total

Buc...187 188 18.75

MBI...187 184 18.55

...with MBI jumping 1.15 in a day, something had to of gotten better.

That IS a big jump in just 12 hours, especially when they most likely slept for 8 of them. Must have done some nocturnal ensemble rehearsal. :sleeping::sleeping:

Or.... :shutup:

.1 is statistically nothing when drawn from 2 different contests with two different panels. It means they're kind of within the same numeric cloud.

What it does mean by my guess is that MBI really did something to seriously cleam up and improve the overall visual package in all aspects possible or that they have the horn line playing at an insane level. I saw MBI and Bucs at Bucknell, so that'd have to be what's going on.

What he said. And in fact means nothing no matter who is up and or down. It tells you that the shows and performances are all within the the same boxes which we already knew. Until they're head to head with the same judges having to put down comparitive numbers for each group and deciding who is better and by how much, it's a nice conversation at this stage.

If anything MBI's number is a guess at best since they have no competition/comparison out there and the judges are using the boxes solely to define the show. Not their fault, you gotta compete where you can, but Bucs, Empire, Hurcs and Cabs have been going at each other all season and are a much deeper/stronger field and in the number comparison game a little more solid of a barometer.

All will be right with the world after next weekend. Don't worry. I think MBI is just being slotted so there isn't a repeat of last year where MBI was clearly lowballed into a 4th place slot at prelims. MBI will be in second at prelims and it will stay that way.

• Like 1

What he said. And in fact means nothing no matter who is up and or down. It tells you that the shows and performances are all within the the same boxes which we already knew. Until they're head to head with the same judges having to put down comparitive numbers for each group and deciding who is better and by how much, it's a nice conversation at this stage.

So let's take that thought and let’s look at another of the (many) interesting developments (to me anyway) from over the weekend:

Percussion

Saturday - Scranton

Fusion 77 79 156

Bush 74 75 149

Cabs 88 85 173

Hurcs 91 90 181

Sunday - Secaucus

Fusion 86 84 170

Bush 81 86 167

Cabs 81 83 164

Hurcs 90 94 184