How many corps this year do you think would have a legitimate shot

Thats simple. There are no words in the show title with more than two sylables...very easy......LOL.

G

(Laughing because the complexities and dificulties are obvious.)

The (1)

Beat (1)

My (1)

Heart (1)

Skipped (2)

:rolleyes:

My answer for this would be about the same now as it was back in November last year, 3 corps have a legitimate shot at winning the championship; Cavies, Cadets and Blue Devils. That doesnt mean someone else cant or wont win but usually its one of the big three.

We are only 2 weeks in to the season and many seem to have sorted out much of the finals placement, thats a bit of a mistake. May I remind you where we were at this time last year, Crown way out front and Cavies buried with many predicting 5th place and we saw how that worked itself out. I think Bluecoats had the highest score in June too.

Blue Devils have a week off now and Im sure they are adding and cleaning combined with Cadets being on the road, doing a few shows in between, they may get jumped next week by Blue Devils or they may not….so much can still happen

all in good fun

Edited by cowtown

My answer for this would be about the same now as it was back in November last year, 3 corps have a legitimate shot at winning the championship; Cavies, Cadets and Blue Devils. That doesn’t mean someone else can’t or won’t win but usually it’s one of the big three.

We are only 2 weeks in to the season and many seem to have sorted out much of the finals placement, that’s a bit of a mistake. May I remind you where we were at this time last year, Crown way out front and Cavies buried with many predicting 5th place and we saw how that worked itself out. I think Bluecoats had the highest score in June too.

Blue Devils have a week off now and I’m sure they are adding and cleaning combined with Cadets being on the road, doing a few shows in between, they may get jumped next week by Blue Devils or they may not….so much can still happen

all in good fun

As mentioned earlier, one of Burt's best "God Give Me Strength" is still to be added to the closer, so look for MORE from BD, and a classic big BD finish. I fully expect they will either come in first or second in at least one of the regionals, and then "Katie.. bar the door in Indy!" One thing is certain....this is going to be a dog fight until the end, which I think was what DCI was hoping for this year.

CI aside....it's just amazing how "the big three" keep bringing these competitive designs each year....simply amazing!

Right now it looks like The Cavaliers and The Cadets... but i'm not ruling out BD... Do cavies and cadets have top notch shows? YES! In my opinion though, its too early for me to tell who is going to claim this spot... its still June and its only the second week into the season. Until I see the shows live I really don't know who else to pick...

Cadets

Cavaliers

I've seen the top eight corps plus the potentional 9 and 10 (live); that leaves several corps vying for the last two spots. I'm chosing Cadets and Cavaliers based on the potential of development and necessary changes to their shows. Of course my top pick is Cadets, Jeff Sacktig has written a brilliant drill this year.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Cadets

Cavaliers

I've seen the top eight corps plus the potentional 9 and 10 (live); that leaves several corps vying for the last two spots. I'm chosing Cadets and Cavaliers based on the potential of development and necessary changes to their shows. Of course my top pick is Cadets, Jeff Sacktig has written a brilliant drill this year.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Yeah, I agree except maybe i'm leaning towards The Cavaliers, :tongue:

Cadets, Cavies, Crown and BD...

As for easy, the cadet show is the easiest that I have seen in a long long time. Between 5-7 company fronts, and the huge moment is when the horn line becomes part of the guard for the fight. They grab those glittering PVC pipes which looks great.

Thought that the BD show was easier than last years or the 2009 show, but the whining about demand is as cliche as SVC's vanguard moment or yelling "they are always ready." :thumbdown:

BTW, I did find the cadet show visually appealing, just not hard. Liked SCV's show, but I doubt that there is enough to Phantom's show to go anywhere.

Just from the design aspect of the Cadets show there is nothing easy. The number of company fronts is three, perfectly designed musically and visually. Are you sure you've watched this show? Jeff Sacktig's drill this year is brilliant! Easy is not the word any of the marching members used, believe me I've asked them.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 2

Its still too early to tell, shows are going to change a ton over the next month and a half. I would say its up to anyone in the top 6 right now, but thats just my personal opinion

Just from the design aspect of the Cadets show there is nothing easy. The number of company fronts is three, perfectly designed musically and visually. Are you sure you've watched this show? Jeff Sacktig's drill this year is brilliant! Easy is not the word any of the marching members used, believe me I've asked them.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Like someone on these forums said, calling something easy is a compliment. They are just so good they make it look easy ;)