Brief Bridgeport Review

I think the Hall of Fame is invalid until they honor Maurice D. Knox Jr.

My fifth of a dime.

Ace

I have to agree with you on this one Ace. He BELONGS!!

Mickey said that he shouldn't be considered because he made money off the corps. Gee, did all the instructors, judges, etc. who are in the WDCHoF work for no pay????????

Moe belongs in the Hall of Fame, period!

Ray

• Like 1

You come to my hometown and don't stop down to the track to say hello! :thumbdown:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I was staying as incognito as possible. :ninja:

Plus I didn't feel like climbing any more steps. :tongue:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I was staying as incognito as possible. :ninja:

Plus I didn't feel like climbing any more steps. :tongue:

Oh!! So that explains the shirt Gil was wearing before the show! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Oh!! So that explains the shirt Gil was wearing before the show! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Yeah, I walked up to a person wearing an ugly Hawaiian shirt before the show, yanked on this thick black beard, and shouted, "You can't fool me, Haring, I know that's you behind that ugly black mess!!" (I rather doubt that Gil will ever speak to me again.)

I couldn't agree with you more. Unfortunately, they don't. This is something that is getting under my skin these last few years. And before anyone says anything- I understand, the Judges are people too, and it's impossible for them to erase the slate and judge fresh every week. However in today's activity it seems like it's almost impossible for a corps to have a chance to move in either direction every week. We have all seen it before. Corps A beats Corps B by a point one week, than the following week Corps A has a bad performance, an "off night" and Corps B has a great performance. Corps B will still be below Corps A.

Even on the new sheets and judging system, looking at the recap from Bridgeport, the two corps that lights up the crowds and had an energized performance still didn't get those extra points properly. Maybe I am not understanding the "communication" column correctly but I though it was supposed to "reward" the groups that had a great show that night. In Bridgeport, IMO, it didn't.

Lighting up the crowd doesn't mean they were clean. God I wish people could understand that

• Like 1

Lighting up the crowd doesn't mean they were clean. God I wish people could understand that

Very true. However, clean in and of itself isn't effect (that's another thing some people don't understand). If it was, Fusion Corps would have won the show.

• Like 1

Very true. However, clean in and of itself isn't effect (that's another thing some people don't understand). If it was, Fusion Corps would have won the show.

Amen. DCA should really do a public breakdown of how this sheet is to be judged, or we are in for a long summer of " well so and so lit up the crowd!"

Amen. DCA should really do a public breakdown of how this sheet is to be judged, or we are in for a long summer of " well so and so lit up the crowd!"

Agreed. Though at the two shows I've been to (Wildwood, Bridgeport), the Buccaneers carried both the Communication caption and the audience reaction meter.