Southwestern Championship

"How can an all-female guard possibly compete with mixed gaurds in today's activity?"

- Naysayers from the off-season

Ahem, BTW, isn't PR's gaurd ranked about 1st right now?

Is it really necessary to call people "naysayers" when they disagree with you? I was disappointed they went all-female, but not because it would make them less competitive. Certainly not. I'm thrilled their guard is doing well. They are amazing and they deserve it. But that doesn't mean I have to be happy they are excluding young men.

• Like 1

Coats pit not as together as I'm used to hearing them...

I dont know what it sounds like LIVE but on the live stream ALL I CAN HEAR is the PIT. This is horrible....

My god the pit/synth sound check FAIL

I don't think it's Bloo's fault. Look at the amps and where they're pointing. If those two pole-looking things are the mics, then that may be the issue.

On the other hand, did anyone else see the tuba flips the tubas do now when the rest of the hornline passes their instruments through their legs. I thought it was epicly effective. :thumbup:

I was surprised to hear people praising the audio earlier tonight. It sounds just like all the other live streams so far: way heavier on the amps than they sound live. Bluecoats in particular have done a great job with the amps this year (love the stereo effects!), but it's not coming across well on the stream.

I came in late, but I skipped back to watch PC, Xmen, and BK and they are all smoking! Woo, what a year!

GO EVERYBODY!! :thumbup:

Edited by skywhopper

Is the feed down for anyone? I have no feed at all. Black Screen,

Bluecoats are gonna win tonight as they did the best disappearing bit since '89 SCV. The whole Corps just disappeared.

• Like 2

Waiting for some horn arrangers and brass instructors to realize that if a supporting vocal or thunderous goo track is coming through the synth at the same volume level as the horn line, it only makes the brass line seem less powerful then they really are.

This isn't just on the feed; I noticed how out of balance Bluecoats' synths were in Rockford too.

Edited by mobrien

Coats Brass line is doing a nice job of supporting the electronics

As a Bluecoats alum, It just kills me to hear "Brass line is doing a nice job of "supporting" the electronics. Nothing I can do but, hate electronics. UGH!

Doug McCarroll

That visual program is unreal. The staging of all the split voices alone is incredible, but factor in the commitment to integrating both sides in a cohesive and defined way and you've got yourself the best visual program of the year.

[/quote

Agree, and if I may add, best ever.

Edited by wvu80