What states should have a drum corps?

The odds were pretty good back in the early '60s, when Vegas did have an active senior corps.

Why did that Senior Corps not survive in Vegas in the early 60's ? (Please tell me that someone didn't make them an offer they couldn't refuse.)

Edited by BRASSO

Hawaii- the members and fans would just love to get layed!!:-)(leied)

Seriously though I think that Tennessee should have a WC corps. Missouri as well. How about the Tennessee Miners and the Riverboat Gamblers for Missouri!

I think that will happen very soon if Music City continues on the path they've been going. :thumbup:

Hawaii, and DCI should be forced to send the best 3 players from each corps to create an all-star Drum Corps! Then we should have DCI championships each year there! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hawaii, and DCI should be forced to send the best 3 players from each corps to create an all-star Drum Corps! Then we should have DCI championships each year there! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Indeed and fans fly free

What would a drum corps from Utah be called?

Provolone.

'Just hope their shows arn't cheesy.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Whatever came of that well-publicized effort to start a whole new way in Vegas of experiencing drum corps shows? Am I hallucinating regarding this? I don't remember any more details at the time, but they had a website about it. Bueller?

The show was a mess. Poorly advertised (read: none), incredibly overpriced tickets. Several of my friends and myself sat outside the stadium and watched from the entry gate. Paid attendance was probably 200 or so, if I'm estimating correctly.

Why did that Senior Corps not survive in Vegas in the early 60's ? (Please tell me that someone didn't make them an offer they couldn't refuse.)

Strange things happen when you mention Las Vegas and drum corps in the same sentence.

The absolute strangest probably being when Vegas hosted the 1962 American Legion Nationals.

Believe it or not, there was some discussion about doing an atomic bomb test to open the evening of the Legion finals..... (won by Garfield and Hawthorne Cabs.)

Needless to say, that "exciting" idea didn't come to fruition.

• Like 1

Kentucky, Oklahoma, and Missouri are all states with thriving high school music programs that don't current have a World Class corps (nor Open?)

Yes! Missouri really does need one. As well as New York, i think. Maybe. Well, Because there isn't really any corps northeast US, right? just Carolina Crown, Jersey Surf, and Teal Sound, more east and southeast. Maybe i'm mistaking.