The best encore I ever saw was by the Empire Statesman about 15 years ago.It was a small 4 corps show which had been moved from the original sight. It was hardly advertised, there were at most 200 fans in the stands, and the Statesmen played for like 45 minuites. It wasgreat and really the only thing I remember from the show. There was a lot of music not from the show in the encore, and the corps really seemed to enjoy it. It made quite an impression

Can't speak for this year, but 08-10 we always played tunes from the show and our standstill pieces. Mostly "Rio" "Yankee Doodle" "Elks Parade" and last year, sorry I forget the show, during an encore preformance the CorpsVets hornline joined us and we played "Georgia". I know there is a video of it on other sites.

Santa Clara this year has been playing one piece from the show which I dont know the name sorry, "Lezghinka" from 78 & 87, and closes with Clowns. But it always depends on the show site which limits the time for a corps to do an encore performance.

Check out "Lezghinka" on you know where ...

The Empire show was probably around 98, it was in Gloversville NY

Troopers have a new medley of "Trooper Hits" and a new Battle Hymn arrangement.

These are some of the encore music I've heard from Corps this year at shows I've attended ( just a sampling )

Crossmen... " Russian Christmas Music"

Spirit...... " Georgia on my Mind ""

Boston......." Conquest "

Madison Scouts " You'll Never Walk Alone ".

I've heard Corps do these songs and play something from their show, or some other musical piece that they don't use on the field performance. I do sympatyhize with the OP that found it frustrating we he hears a Corps play only their field performance show in their encore. Fortunately for me, I havn't had that at the 2 shows I attended this year so far.

NOBODY treats the fans any better with their encore show than do the Cadets.

In my opinion, Carolina Crown does.

Carolina Crown also does a much better job than the Cadets at an annual parade I've attended as well. The Cadets march by the reviewing stand and play. The Carolina Crown on the other hand always stops, faces the crowd, and really gets into a groove and lets loose playing a few songs. The crowd loves it way more than what the Cadets do in this parade.

I've always enjoyed the encore music that Carolina Crown does post shows too. It just very varied and more appealing music to my ears than what The Cadets play. Don't get me wrong, I like " Rocky Point Holiday " too. But I tend to like the musical selections that Crown plays in their post show encores much, much better.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Unfortunate that some corps only get this opportunity maybe once in a season, if at all. Unfortunate for the corps and the fans.

To me, this raises an intriguing question: if you're a corps that will be doing a bunch of encores (say, 6 or more), should you spend more time preparing encore pieces than a corps that knows it will only be doing 1 or 2? I don't really have the answer, but I can see where a corps that isn't performing many encores might think that sacrificing the rehearsal time isn't worth it.

That said, I love when a corps has taken the time to put together their encore. It shows me that they're legitimately interested in entertaining the audience.

I wonder how many people remember when SCV did the Flintstones ? :thumbup:

( most of you weren't even a thought yet )

I wonder how many people remember when SCV did the Flintstones ? :thumbup:

( most of you weren't even a thought yet )

" The Flintstones" ? You really are a " Dinosaur " from " The Stone Age ", Mike2... haha!

If SCV played the theme from" The Flintstones " at an encore today, people would want to stone them.... haha!

Edited by BRASSO

In my opinion, Carolina Crown does.

Carolina Crown also does a much better job than the Cadets at an annual parade I've attended as well. The Cadets march by the reviewing stand and play. The Carolina Crown on the other hand always stops, faces the crowd, and really gets into a groove and lets loose playing a few songs. The crowd loves it way more than what the Cadets do in this parade.

I've always enjoyed the encore music that Carolina Crown does post shows too. It just very varied and more appealing music to my ears than what The Cadets play. Don't get me wrong, I like " Rocky Point Holiday " too. But I tend to like the musical selections that Crown plays in their post show encores much, much better.

Have you heard Cadet's William Tell piece? How about Don't Stop Believing? They're not playing Rocky Point....