Drums Along The Rockies

Think outward (to crowd), not inward (to judges).

We all love BD for their talent (which they have in both players and instructors), but they struggle to connect with the audience many years. This year being another example of that -- Burt Bacharach? What generation is that supposed to appeal to????

It's not about appealing to generations. If that were the case every corps would be guilty of being misguided. Phantom is playing Verdi. How many in the crowd have any real experience with that type of music? Paint it black? That was eons ago.

Edited by mboogey73
  • Like 2

This acid tone and the pot shots at dimenishing the remarkable achievements of BD over these last several years can only mean one thing................THEY'RE BACK BABY!!!!!! :thumbup:

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 2

Whoever thinks BK is going to be out of finals, I have some sad news for you. This is a very talented BK corps. Sully has written them quite a drill and I don't know if they'll ever be able to clean it up. They are gettin awarded with it based on their recent visual scores. I can see why they are inching closer to SCV. Fun show.

ok so this has nothing to do with what we're talking about. i use this website on my phone, and it used to look different than on the computer, but now its like how it is on the computer. did i accidentally touch something that changed it?

THATS MY DAWGS!!!! YEAH BK

• Like 1

What generation is Burt Bacharach supposed to appeal to?

Did one have to be alive during a composer's life time to appreciate the composer's work? Then what generation is Rachmaninoff supposed to appeal to?

Oh come on. Couldn't you have asked the same question and said "Vaughan Williams" instead? rolleyes.gif

It an extremely effective visual moment... especially when paired with effective music... BD is missing both of that. And the judges are also missing it. That is why the system is being revamped. Kudos to BD for working the system. The audience has been missing in the equation for BD. And they got away with it. That can't happen.

Now BD gets no credit because they somehow scammed their way to championships?

Like I said, haters gonna hate.

• Like 2