Drums Along The Rockies

Wow, scores nationally are very unstable. Can't wait to see them all get together again. Texas was too early and the weather was misserable for all involved.

• Like 2

Phantom brought it tonight. Enough said.

I agree with you agreeing.

Even though Cadets did have a rough run.

it did feel a little flat tonight. visually they should be winning. musically it's a toss up

Wasting their talent? Don't know if you've noticed BD won the last two titles so I'm not sure how they're "wasting their talent." I guess haters are gonna hate.

FYWW

I think what he is trying to say is they utilize that talent to please the judges, more than the crowd. There is no crowd pleasing category on the judges score sheet. If that was the case, Madison would be in the top 3 every year.

It was great seeing these shows again after seeing them 2 weeks ago in Stanford.

I cannot believe I'm saying it, but BD is my favorite show this year. If you had told me that anyone could pull off a Bacharach show and that it would be my favorite, I would have laughed. It is beautiful, and I love the imagerey. At the end, when only half of the house is filled in...an emotional moment. Great show.

Cadets are my team, and I am officially calling this season theirs. They will win DCI this year. It is a wonderful show, and the attention to detail is amazing. They do need to stay healthy. They are also guilty of what I hard MANY corps do last night in Bowling Green. I am not averse to synths, but there is too much that is no necessary and is too loud. Do you hear me Glassmen and Cavaliers? Frankly, I wonder what some of those sounds are supposed to mean? I'm afraid some sounds are there because they can. Glassmen are especially guilty of this.

I liked Phantom much better than the last time I saw them. The show makes more sense. Someone wrote that they need a better build into Elsa. That is true. It comes out of nowehere which is a problem with Wagner. The climactic moments are all about how you got there and not just the moment itself. I hope they do something there.

Blue Knights are playing some of my all time favorite music. I grew up playing those pieces, and they are doing a great job. They do need to be careful about overblowing. There are many spots where they are playing past a good sound, and it is so not needed. Again, also Glassmen's exact problem. They do move very well. With Sully and Jason there, I expect them to move very well indeed. They are two of the best in the business.

I wish I had been able to enjoy more of the show, but live feed problems were a gigantic pain in the butt tonight. I did not make it through one entire show tonight without having to refresh the feed. During BK, I had to do it 4 times. grr

I'm way looking forward to seing what happens next Saturday!

• Like 1