Davenport IA Show

That part has nothing to do with the visual package (well, very little) and everything to do with what they are playing and the awesomeness of the moment. Can you not understand how people are seeing how the show is moving so much before hand and just visually kinda STOPS?

Nope! Because the rest of the show makes the point on the visual demand ENOUGH to allow for a balls out musical ending like they are doing.

I'd rather (as danielray says) that they move more and go loose and sloppy on the music in an emotional "throwdown" than for it to stop visually.

Not me. EVERYONE does that kind of an ending. It gets old! Same old whiplash ending? Blah! What Madison is doing to end their show is FRESH and entertaining. Why can't YOU see that?

Park and blow is fine...but twice in the closer seems a bit too much parking, IMO

Not sure why you're so concerned about it staying the same...as if changes are gonna make it less awesome...?? :huh:

You sure are assuming an aweful lot. What makes you so sure the staff plans to change the ending? Have you noticed something? The guard with ethnic percussion equipment and cymbals? Everyone rushing the front for a big park and blow? Remind you of any other ending you may have seen done by Mason and company? I'll give you a hint. Starts with a "Bl" and ends ith an "ast!" Maybe...just MAYBE...this ending is intentional and NOT going to change. Did that ever occur to you?

Edited by stevedb1975

Nope! Because the rest of the show makes the point on the visual demand ENOUGH to allow for a balls out musical ending like they are doing.

Not me. EVERYONE does that kind of an ending. It gets old! Same old whiplash ending? Blah! What Madison is doing to end their show is FRESH and entertaining. Why can't YOU see that?

You sure are assuming an aweful lot. What makes you so sure the staff plans to change the ending? Have you noticed something? The guard with ethnic percussion equipment and cymbals? Everyone rushing the front for a big park and blow? Remind you of any other ending you may have seen done by Mason and company? I'll give you a hint. Starts with a "Bl" and ends ith an "ast!" Maybe...just MAYBE...this ending is intentional and NOT going to change. Did that ever occur to you?

Moving fast in and of itself does not create demand. Demand is created by simultaneous responsibility, i.e. fast drill with complex/difficult form responsibility, fast drill with demanding musical book. A LOT of Madison's fast moving moments do not require difficult form responsibility (any kind of scatter drill or follow the leader drill does not fall into the category of difficult form responsibility) or they aren't playing during that part. Take another look at the show and tally up the amt of fast movement that doesn't have simultaneous responsibility, I think you'll be surprised.

Yeah, but you aren't only being judged on 3/4ths of your show. It has to be a complete, cohesive package. For now, IMO, it seems like 3/4ths and then the closer. I think they can and intend to do more with it. I think it will be bigger and badder by the time they are done. And let's be honest...changes WILL be made to the show in some respects. You have to change and adapt if you don't want to fall further and further back. The Scouts can ill afford that and a staff like this one is well aware.

Moving fast in and of itself does not create demand. Demand is created by simultaneous responsibility, i.e. fast drill with complex/difficult form responsibility, fast drill with demanding musical book. A LOT of Madison's fast moving moments do not require difficult form responsibility (any kind of scatter drill or follow the leader drill does not fall into the category of difficult form responsibility) or they aren't playing during that part. Take another look at the show and tally up the amt of fast movement that doesn't have simultaneous responsibility, I think you'll be surprised.

Really? Maybe YOU need to take another look. They play and jazz run with almost NO "scatter" during their entire 2nd movement. I've DONE my homework. I challange YOU to take another look at their sho (particularly in their second movement) and name for me one corps that has more simultanious responsoibility than them. While you are at it, take a look at the accel that begins with the 20 tubas in a 100 yard spread and tell me if there is anything more demanding on the field this year than that. Your turn.

Yeah, but you aren't only being judged on 3/4ths of your show. It has to be a complete, cohesive package. For now, IMO, it seems like 3/4ths and then the closer. I think they can and intend to do more with it. I think it will be bigger and badder by the time they are done. And let's be honest...changes WILL be made to the show in some respects. You have to change and adapt if you don't want to fall further and further back. The Scouts can ill afford that and a staff like this one is well aware.

Oh sure! Not doubting that there will be changes. BUT....it doesn't mean it will be at the end of there show.

I'll tell you what, I'll bet my last dime that there will be no MAJOR change at the end of Madison's show and that there is more to that ending that meets YOUR eye. :)

How do you know they are? Have you listened to the judges tapes? There is no where on the sheets entitled "Score for awesomeness of ending..." so there is every possibility they're getting credit for the rest of the show and NOT the ending.

You know dude, I have been laying low, reading you bashing The Madison Scouts for 2 week's. What is your fetish with the Madison Scouts? I don't see anybody attacking the blue stars, your schtick is getting old. Maybe it's time to over debate how good the blue stars are. Maybe we should start picking apart the blue stars show. Maybe...

• Like 1

You know dude, I have been laying low, reading you bashing The Madison Scouts for 2 week's. What is your fetish with the Madison Scouts? I don't see anybody attacking the blue stars, your schtick is getting old. Maybe it's time to over debate how good the blue stars are. Maybe we should start picking apart the blue stars show. Maybe...

The ignore feature works really well!

• Like 1