Cadets will win this year

Cadets seem to have pretty much two types of shows:

Type A - A show that is not quite there in terms of concept/design, but they execute the #### out of (been a lot of these recently)

Type B - A show that is extremely well designed, but never quite gets there in terms of execution (these are more rare, think 1989)

The only exception is when they actually figure out how to push that second category over the line... and that's when they end up on top.

Right now, they're Type B... but with the amount of time they have to clean it up, it is absolutely theirs to lose.

IMO, they've not had EITHER of these (for the most part) since 2005, with 2007 an exception. They had a string of Type As in the early 2000s (2001-2003), where they placed very well in many captions, including percussion of course, but Cavies were dominating and Cadets struggled to put together an effective show. 2004 was meh with a good guard. 2005 was 2005. And then we have mostly experimental years that failed to produce an overall win or any caption wins (GE Visual in 2007 I think being the only exception). Since 2005, we just haven't seen that legendary Cadets guard and drumline, and the brass and feet have struggled to be top-tier.

This might be something for a new thread but...

I just listened to a live (taped) performance by Bjork of her new single "Cosmogony". Could it be that Cadets influenced her? There is some snare drumming in the performance that is lifted right out of drum corps. I like to think she was really taken by Cadets doing her music so well in 2005 and felt like incorporating some corps style drumming into her music. Thoughts?

Cadets up by a point on BD tonight. People are writing off the Cadets too early, I think.

With a more accurate lineup in SA, I think we'll see some shifts compared to Minn.

yeppers.

cadets are right there with the cavies tonight. great to see.

The 2011 Cadets are a lot like Sasha Grey: attractive, fun to watch, talented on many levels, and put on one heck of a rousing performance!

I personally think The Cadets are like Asa Akira. They start out pretty. They get down and dirty in the drum solo. They get you on your feet and one big standing O at the end...

It's getting late, I must go to bed.

It's funny because there have been people in this thread that have legitimately counted out the Cadets this year, saying it was too big of a long shot...

It's not over yet, but I feel like a move is being made... :worthy: :worthy:

I personally think The Cadets are like Asa Akira. They start out pretty. They get down and dirty in the drum solo. They get you on your feet and one big standing O at the end...

It's getting late, I must go to bed.

Well, I guess we all just learned about Fred's other hobbies..... :shutup:

• Like 1

Well, I guess we all just learned about Fred's other hobbies..... :shutup:

I actually met her at one of my fighters MMA events. Real cool girl. Said she did movies. I thought nothing of it. Then I looked her up! shutup.gif

Oh, it's a long season. Cavies and Crown are great! And, Blue Devils are the same as previous years. And, The judging sheets don't change till next year.

As I told a Blue Devil honk who was spouting off about Championship 15! You don't win Championships in June! (or July)

Edited by boxingfred

I actually met her at one of my fighters MMA events. Real cool girl. Said she did movies. I thought nothing of it. Then I looked her up! shutup.gif

Oh, it's a long season. Cavies and Crown are great! And, Blue Devils are the same as previous years. And, The judging sheets don't change till next year.

As I told a Blue Devil honk who was spouting off about Championship 15! You don't win Championships in June! (or July)

Haha, "movies...." But there's a difference between looking her up and research, you know that. :tongue:

SO true, a championship is won on August 13th, not July 21st.