25 Corps in Semifinals?

Yes there will be some WC that don't make Semis. I think likely Pioneer, Cascades, and Jersey Surf may fight to get in but could get replaced by Blue Devils B, SCV Cadets and Oregon Crusaders. I think at least 2 WC corps will not make Semis!!

My Semis Prediction:

1) Cavies

2) Cadets

3) Crown

4) BD

5) Bluecoats

6) Phantom

7) SCV

8) BK

9) Madison

10) Blue Stars

11) Boston

12) Troopers

13) Spirit

14) Crossmen

15) Glassmen

16) Colts

17) Academy

18) Teal Sound

19) BDB

20) Pacific Crest

21) Mandarins

22) SCV Cadets

23) Cascades

24) Oregon Crusaders

25) Revolution

25 could be Surf or Pioneer we'll see fun format this year

Wes P

• Like 1

hugely different scoring.

i looked up some socres from 2000....

on August 7, 2000, Jersey Surf scored 88.15 on the Div II/III sheets

on August 10, 200, Jersey Surf scored 71.4 on the Div I sheets at quarterfinals.

i think several open class corps could defeat some world class corps in 2011....but i'm willing to bet a lot of the top open class corps won't even compete at world class finals week.

Some world class corps barely break seventy!!!

• Like 1

I think they are doing it to give the open class more time to march and for the the open class corps to gain more exposure! We all know that world class is the main focus! The open class corps are going to be judged on world class sheets! 23 World Class. 17 Open class. 40 Corps competing for 25 Spots.

That's what I mean! So, it is possible for ZERO open class corps to make it, just from sheer numbers!

So, in a way, i am worried. I would hope that the open class wouldn't get the WRONG kind of exposure... :shutup:

• Like 1

They won't.

If you haven't seen BDB or SCVC before (or for that matter, Music City and Oregon Crusaders), trust me . . .there will be a few World Class corps that will find out just how good Open Class is Finals week. :smile:

They won't.

If you haven't seen BDB or SCVC before (or for that matter, Music City and Oregon Crusaders), trust me . . .there will be a few World Class corps that will find out just how Open Class is Finals week. :smile:

So true : I can't wait to see Some Open Class corps in semis. They deserve it! Here is the set up (for confused people) THEY ALL COMPETE ON QUARTERS. THEN THE 25 TOP CORPS FROM QUARTERS GO TO SEMIS. But that's when open class Corps end sadly.

• Like 2

They won't.

If you haven't seen BDB or SCVC before (or for that matter, Music City and Oregon Crusaders), trust me . . .there will be a few World Class corps that will find out just how good Open Class is Finals week. :smile:

I'm not convinced all of the top Open Class corps are going to be competing at World Class finals week, though. They never all did before. Lots of years that B corps didn't compete at finals week even when given the opportunity. It's still the corps choice as to whether or not they partake.

Yes there will be some WC that don't make Semis. I think likely Pioneer, Cascades, and Jersey Surf may fight to get in but could get replaced by Blue Devils B, SCV Cadets and Oregon Crusaders. I think at least 2 WC corps will not make Semis!!

My Semis Prediction:

1) Cavies

2) Cadets

3) Crown

4) BD

5) Bluecoats

6) Phantom

7) SCV

8) BK

9) Madison

10) Blue Stars

11) Boston

12) Troopers

13) Spirit

14) Crossmen

15) Glassmen

16) Colts

17) Academy

18) Teal Sound

19) BDB

20) Pacific Crest

21) Mandarins

22) SCV Cadets

23) Cascades

24) Oregon Crusaders

25) Revolution

25 could be Surf or Pioneer we'll see fun format this year

Wes P

:thumbdown:

That's what I mean! So, it is possible for ZERO open class corps to make it, just from sheer numbers!

So, in a way, i am worried. I would hope that the open class wouldn't get the WRONG kind of exposure... :shutup:

it's happened many many many times before. not a big deal.

i sound like a broken record here, but people need to stop assuming all of the top open class corps are going to be participating at QF.

I'm not convinced all of the top Open Class corps are going to be competing at World Class finals week, though. They never all did before. Lots of years that B corps didn't compete at finals week even when given the opportunity. It's still the corps choice as to whether or not they partake.

But why wouldn't they? They would have to be mad not to jump at that chance! Especially BDB and SCVC

• Like 1

But why wouldn't they? They would have to be mad not to jump at that chance! Especially BDB and SCVC

both of which oftentimes had the chance to go to QF in the past, but didn't always do it.

they have their reasons.

Edited by Lance