25 Corps in Semifinals?

Looks like we posted almost identical posts at the same time! Great minds..

Haha yeah I saw that. Cheers!

It's not a new idea. That's the way it has been for most of DCI's history. This is a switch back to the old way.

Alright, cool, thank you :smile:

• Like 1

both of which oftentimes had the chance to go to QF in the past, but didn't always do it.

they have their reasons.

Previous rules were once that only the top 5 scoring corps from DIV II/III finals could compete in Div I prelims/quarterfinals.

Then later the rule was appended to add for one of the top 5 scoring corps to chose to compete in Div I Prelims/Quarterfinals they had to declare DIV I status for the following year.

This is why sometimes BDB and SCVC did not compete in DIV I when given the chance, because then they would have to have competed in DIV I the next year, and that is against the corps reason for being.

Carnac_small1.jpg

What?

Take a look at Music City's calendar. They either plan on watching DCI quarter and semi-finals or they plan on participating. My feeling is they plan on participating.

That is not correct. In DCI, only the A-60 and division III classes had size limits different from the other classes. Division II, class A and today's open-class have the same size limits as world-class.

Really? I thought Div III had a max of 60 members and Div II had a max of 90.

Take a look at Music City's calendar. They either plan on watching DCI quarter and semi-finals or they plan on participating. My feeling is they plan on participating.

Nice :)

Really? I thought Div III had a max of 60 members and Div II had a max of 90.

Div III had a max - I don't believe Div II had a max