25 Corps in Semifinals?

Bad form.:rock:

What?

• Like 1

start weening yourself off DCP directors hate it and dont encourage members to indulge :peek:

Once I'm in i won't find it the least bit appealing.

• Like 1

For the newbz on here. This is an old format being revisited.

All the Open class corps MUST compete at their championships. Then (since there are now so few corps) all of them will compete in "Prelim's" / Quarterfinals on World Class sheets. Their scores will go down. The top 25 will be set on Thursday Evening with the top 17 Advancing to Friday. This isn't brain surgery. It's how it used to be. Back in the day it meant DCI Member Corps status (which paid your gas for the next summer). Not so now. I'm not sure there is any benefit other than to know how you stack up with World Class ..... plus it's another show to perform in a big stadium .. and more for the fans to enjoy.

Win Win

Now stop freaking out.

• Like 6

Once I'm in i won't find it the least bit appealing.

just a bit of advice..take it or leave it. I know people here dont like hearing that but it is so true..i know of a director that found every way to keep a kid out of their corps based on social network public fights and opinions about others.........someday ( in the near future ) I think alot of young people will learn this the hard way it has happened already...theres the good and bad of the internet and social networks.............back on topic...just tryin to help

• Like 1

All the Open class corps MUST compete at their championships. Then (since there are now so few corps) all of them will compete in "Prelim's" / Quarterfinals on World Class sheets. Their scores will go down. The top 25 will be set on Thursday Evening with the top 17 Advancing to Friday. This isn't brain surgery. It's how it used to be. Back in the day it meant DCI Member Corps status (which paid your gas for the next summer). Not so now. I'm not sure there is any benefit other than to know how you stack up with World Class ..... plus it's another show to perform in a big stadium .. and more for the fans to enjoy.

Win Win

Now stop freaking out.

I'm looking forward to it. :smile:

Frankly, I am confused by this... because how is it possible? I can't help but think that the scoring must be completely different between the two classes --- mainly because one class is weekends only, so how could they even compare to world class?

Sure, the best open class corps could beat out the "worst" world class, but I only see it happening in extreme situations... and I don't see the open class corps beating too many world class, which makes me wonder if this whole combining semis is a good idea or not.

I was thinking about it earlier, glad you posted, thanks.

It's not a new idea. That's the way it has been for most of DCI's history. This is a switch back to the old way.

• Like 2

Win Win

Now stop freaking out.

I was probably 9 or 10 years old when it was like that. So 17 Corps are in finals? Because that is the last number you had.

• Like 1

Friday is semis . . .top 17 there.

Top twelve go on to Finals.

I swear I heard Dan potter say 25 corps in semis but I guess I heard wrong. XD

• Like 1