25 Corps in Semifinals?

Thats because you post cocky comments about you making Spirit. YOURE the one taking the bait and getting off topic. So if someone is giving you advice, take it. And if you want to delete your account, go ahead, I'm pretty sure there is more intelligent discussion around here than dealing with drama.

"I will make spirit" that is very cocky. I am just trying to believe in myself. Four days ago I didn't even think I could go to audition. There is no sorts of drama anywhere on any of my posts. I have an extreme fear of failure. And instead of telling myself "your a loser and will never amount to anything" like my dad always says Im trying to break the vicious cycle of giving up at the last minute. I'm trying to build up self confidence and People shoot me down for finally trying to believe in myself. It seems it's true everything I do is wrong and I should stop trying.

• Like 2

"I will make spirit" that is very cocky. I am just trying to believe in myself. Four days ago I didn't even think I could go to audition. There is no sorts of drama anywhere on any of my posts. I have an extreme fear of failure. And instead of telling myself "your a loser and will never amount to anything" like my dad always says Im trying to break the vicious cycle of giving up at the last minute. I'm trying to build up self confidence and People shoot me down for finally trying to believe in myself. It seems it's true everything I do is wrong and I should stop trying.

tuba guy - don't let some idiots on the internet get you down or jade your opinion of drum corps. you enjoy drum corps and want to march. that is all that matters. do what you want to do to make that happen, and if your attitude is "I'm gonna make Spirit" then that is great because when you audition with an additude like that you will have a better chance of reaching that goal then if you go in thinking "man I hope I'm good enough and that these other people aren't better than me" But definately when you are at auditions, listen and do what the staff says, cause nothing will keep you from your goal easier than thinking you don't have to listen or do what the staff says.

good luck with Spirit next year, I hope I see you lugging a contra around in 2012.

• Like 4

You shouldnt stop trying. I think you might be taking some posters wrong. Many have been there ,the good and bad of it. I read further back you said you were 15 or 16 ..did you think a WC corps or finalists may not encourage someone so young? I know you probably dont want to hear that but it is true with some. You just need to walk in, be prepared, be good at what you do as far as playing...move well..carry yourself well, act adult...and be real ready to just LISTEN....confidence is very good and you need that..but if it comes off as arrogance people will be turned off by it especially from someone very inexperienced....Oh and yes a director CAN keep you out for any reason they choose...drum corps are private groups and do anything...so bad social netwoRk posting like on facebook have ruiend chances for some people..I will say in a winter program I threw out a few because they cant keep off facebook and air everyones dirty laundry...why would any director want a kid like that.....THEY DON'T

internet issues as well as kids who committ and dont pay are topics of discussions with ALL directors....be different from those issues and even if you are less experienced someone will want you in their group..I would..I look for the drama free who can pay now

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

no no no, folks. the "I will make spirit" comment was in response to me.

newtuba misunderstood me earlier in the thread, and thought I was badmouthing his thread...which was NOT my intent.

so i said "best of luck making your corps next year" to defuse that, and i think he took that the wrong way, too, like "wow kid, you will never make it". NOT what I meant at all.

I really meant it, and just wanted the thread to move along.

i apologize for not realizing what had happened sooner.

so....about the 25 at semis.....

• Like 1

tuba guy - don't let some idiots on the internet get you down or jade your opinion of drum corps. you enjoy drum corps and want to march. that is all that matters. do what you want to do to make that happen, and if your attitude is "I'm gonna make Spirit" then that is great because when you audition with an additude like that you will have a better chance of reaching that goal then if you go in thinking "man I hope I'm good enough and that these other people aren't better than me" But definately when you are at auditions, listen and do what the staff says, cause nothing will keep you from your goal easier than thinking you don't have to listen or do what the staff says.

good luck with Spirit next year, I hope I see you lugging a contra around in 2012.

Oh I know to listen to the staff! The director at my highschool inspirit alum! And I takenwhat people say to heart most of the time and it gets to me. They say I post too much but I only have 3 posts... I'm truly on DCP so much because I don't have many friends. And (most) people here are nice. So I started posting and having nice conversations with drum corps fanatics just like me! And then there are people that take what I say and make me feel like a horrible person for saying it. And it hurts

• Like 2

It was cool in 2000 to see SCVC advance all the way to Div. 1 semifinals.

I had never seen them in person until that week... then I saw them four times during the week (Div. 2 prelims, Div. 2/3 finals, Div. 1 quarters and semis). :thumbup:

By the end of that week, I considered myself somewhat of an authority on their show. :tongue:

• Like 2

no no no, folks. the "I will make spirit" comment was in response to me.

newtuba misunderstood me earlier in the thread, and thought I was badmouthing his thread...which was NOT my intent.

so i said "best of luck making your corps next year" to defuse that, and i think he took that the wrong way, too, like "wow kid, you will never make it". NOT what I meant at all.

I really meant it, and just wanted the thread to move along.

i apologize for not realizing what had happened sooner.

so....about the 25 at semis.....

Yeah sorry about that... About those semis!

:worthy:

You're awesome.