DCI Minnesota 16 July 2011

I agree. And one of the best things about watching and listening to this via Computer is the ability to hit the mute button when Cesario begins to bloviate. I can't do that in a theatre,.. no sireee bob.

Hahaha... Ole Cesario what would we do without him...

Anyone else getting the herky jerky "chut-chut-chut-chut-chut" during the corps performances? Sort of like a skipping CD? It comes in and out about every minute or so.

I did get that just a tiny bit....earlier..seems ok now though...

I do love that "infinity" chord. Another goose bump moment for me.

Definitely caught my attention...real nice moment :smile:

• Like 1

Great show so far!

Teal sound has some talent and I love their unique style of drum corps. God Bless em.

Crossmen were confident and I dig the new/old Crossmen sound. A safe package, but well done.

Spirit of Atlanta was pretty outrageous! Big sound and great theme. I was thoroughly entertained beginning to end.

Troop was good and had a few solid moments. There isn't a lot of complex things going on so you get to take it all in slowly.

"God Bless em" is right. It it obvious the performers are talented. While their style is unique, I feel their design is ill-suited for the performers.

Jason

Awesome updates! Thanks everyone!! Get it, Phantom!!!!!!!

Ok here's how I see things so far:

Colt Cadets should win OC

Minnesota Brass should win All-Aged Division

Teal - 67.2 Teal just didn't have a good package. Like someone said earlier, "God bless em".

Cascades - 69.5 Cascades had a much improved front half of the show from Denver. Once the bondage influenced ballad began, it all started to snowball.

Crossmen - 75.3 Crossmen had a great nostalgia show. Very safe, but very enjoyable.

Spirit 78.6 Spirit had a very in your face kind of show. Some intonation issues, but otherwise definitely a great show.

Troopers - 77.5 I believe the Troopers had a bad run. The tempos seemed shaky and the brass sound/intonation was just not there.

Colts - 77.8 Honestly, I'm not sure what to think of the Colts. It's not a bad show by any means, but I just find myself bored by it. It seems that there was not a whole lot of contrasting musical/visual elements.

I'm very interested to see how the other 12 corps come out of the gate tonight and how everything lines up in the end! :thumbup:

I haven't had an AIM screename in years. Any way to get to the chat room with a Google talk screen name via meebo?