DCI Minnesota 16 July 2011

Big day! God bless it, why are Cadets on SIXTH from last? At least it's after INT.

Soooo excited to hook up the computer to our new flat screen TV for the webcast. GO TROOOOOOP!

Rain finally over in the Minneapolis metro area...MCS that developed early this morning (the one we thought would happen) now moving off to the east. 2 questions remain:

1. When will it clear off? Latest visible satellite loop shows best guess by noon, although some sun breaks here in the next hour possible.

2. Do we have any more rain to worry about? Chances look higher north of the city...still can't rule out a stray shower or two later this afternoon unfortunately. Although the NAM does show a decent CAP at the 700 MB level this afternoon now...so we'll see.

Ill let you all know here the second I know what's up.

Still...going to watch a few corps practice this am before show :-)

So excited! After a 4+ hour flight delay yesterday, I was beginning to wonder if we shouldntve just driven! Not at all diggin' the draws for Crossmen or Cadets. The heat is gonna be brutal this afternoon - those earlier groups bettter drink their weight in water before they go on!!

Soooo excited to hook up the computer to our new flat screen TV for the webcast. GO TROOOOOOP!

I did that for the California show! Turn up your speakers really loud and open your windows so you feel like you're outside. Next best thing to being there, and no lines for the bathroom!

So excited! After a 4+ hour flight delay yesterday, I was beginning to wonder if we shouldntve just driven! Not at all diggin' the draws for Crossmen or Cadets. The heat is gonna be brutal this afternoon - those earlier groups bettter drink their weight in water before they go on!!

Or the Blue Knights draw!! This is why DCI should never have Pre determined time slots, it needed to be based off off the competitions for a week including the Denver and Madison shows!! Cadets on 4th is a joke also, but someones got to perform at that time so what are you gonna do!! Bought my wife a shirt that says: Future Blue Knight with the BK Horse Head in the middle and an arrow pointing at our future baby girl!:-) She loved it and I'm sure our baby to be does also!! Hope every corps has a great show today and GO BLUE KNIGHTS GET ENGLISH BABY!!:-)

Wes Perkins

BK 97 98

[quote name='wesleyrp' timestamp='1310823060' post='3036947' Bought my wife a shirt that says: Future Blue Knight with the BK Horse Head in the middle and an arrow pointing at our future baby girl!:-) She loved it and I'm sure our baby to be does also

Wes Perkins

BK 97 98

Awww! Very cute! Be sure to get a picture so she/he can show the people she/he marches with someday! Our son attended a bunch of shows before he was born! With 2 drum corps parents, what else? :-)

The heat is gonna be brutal this afternoon - those earlier groups bettter drink their weight in water before they go on!!

Today's heat brings to mind DCI Midwest, where literally every year 1975-1984 (save for one) the temps hovered in the low to mid-90s.

Despite the heat that was GREAT drum corps, and I expect today will be GREAT drum corps!

Great day for drum corps fans. Wish I was there live, but will settle for friends here and the internet.

MIKE

Bill, you in here?

Lots of sun here in Woodbury, just outside the metroplex. Radar and satellite pics looking good!