Changed Perceptions after the Minneapolis Regional

INT is a non profit and got paid on numerous occasions.... Thus they have to go 3 times and get whizzed on by everyone!!

INT has more cheese available than Crown could ever dream of offering up.

Does anyone else have as much cheese on their buns at these shows ?

I think not.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I know they are NOT "DCI World Class"

BUT !

What did those of you (competitive Corps members and / or Fans) think of "Minnesota Brass". (A DCA upper level DCA) Corps?

Edited by 2B or not 2B

BUT !

What did those of you (competitive Corps members and / or Fans) think of "Minnesota Brass". (A DCA upper level DCA) Corps?

Saurprisingly good quality I thought. Good show too.

BUT !

I enjoyed it...great entertaining performance :)

I really thought you guys were on FIRE in 2008 in Rochester with Nocturne - Song for the Night...My dad had you guys above the Buccs. It was a great performance that night...

Observations and questions?

I dont understand how they slot. Blue Knights going on 1st again is a death wish, how is this decided, am missing something?

I hate to even ask some of these questions but: How is scattering cleaned? I personally dont understand the scores. (Please Madison fans dont roast me) BKs show is very complex how does easier vs. not so clean effect scores?

After seeing SCV in CA I thought no way but after last nights show I am blown away, that is not the show I saw the first time, wow! My question is why the guard doesnt use their equipment very much, it seems they run and roll a lot? Is the use of the guards equipment an important factor of a show?

I loved the Cadets show the first time I saw it and still do. I love the concept of the Cadets it is beautiful, understandable and a story, if you will, Phantom's show hits me the same way and I love it

I really like the music Carolina Crown uses, my generation thing, Ive never seen a show done quite like that. Blue Devils in 02 did the same for me using jazz. Brasso, you use cheesy a lot regarding Crown, what do you mean? I want to see and understand what you all do.

As veterans do you like a show based on music or is it all about the presentation or is it both?

You all are the experts, I was just wondering, I dont want to be toast these are legit questions. :unsure:

I get to see them all live in SA, should be interestig, Stanford, Stockton, DATR, to SA. Just want to know as much as possible. Been following Drum corps since '97, kids and their love. Seems to me things change in likes and dislikes year to year. I do love this year!

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom

I don’t understand how they slot. Blue Knights going on 1st again is a death wish, how is this decided, am missing something?

Once seeded in score order, corps were then drawn at random in groups of three (First through third, fourth through sixth, etc.).

Read more: http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=4e86de9c-ae8e-42e7-afff-dfbe1efc3fe2#ixzz1SOgTorDV

I don’t understand how they slot. Blue Knights going on 1st again is a death wish, how is this decided, am missing something?

I think they're slotting based on placement, and then a random draw in groups of three or four (for example, BK came in 11th, their draw but them in as 12th from the end and they could've been as high as 10th from the end). I may be mistaken on that, but that's what it seems.

I hate to even ask some of these questions but: How is scattering cleaned? I personally don’t understand the scores. (Please Madison fans don’t roast me) BK’s show is very complex how does easier vs. not so clean effect scores?

It's all about effect, not necessarily difficulty. Perhaps when Blue Knights get cleaner, their intent will be easier to read for the judges and they will get more credit in design & effect than they are now.

I hate to even ask some of these questions but: How is scattering cleaned? I personally don’t understand the scores. (Please Madison fans don’t roast me) BK’s show is very complex how does easier vs. not so clean effect scores?

You only get rewarded as season progresses for demand if it is EXECUTED with precision (forms and transitions SHARP)etc...BK if they execute WATCH OUT!..their show has A LOT of DEMAND...

Brasso, you use cheesy a lot regarding Crown, what do you mean? I want to see and understand what you all do.

My definition of cheese: Specifically that which is unsubtle or inauthentic in its way of trying to elicit a certain response from a viewer, listener, or audience.

I really don't see a need to juggle things around either. Let the order be as it is from the regional...end of story.

Who actually did this draw anyway? Did they pick out of a hat?....lol

I think this type of draw makes for a more interesting show dynamic. If I'm a fan of a corps who got the bad end of the draw (Cavaliers), it's easy for me to think, "Cavaliers should be least because they earned it." But if I'm a Crown fan, I'm thinking that going on last just might be the edge that helps them either close the gap or flat out win the show.

Either way, it's likely the best performance will win, and there's nothing too radical about the random draw (i.e. Cavaliers aren't sitting 6th from the end).