Changed Perceptions after the Minneapolis Regional

My understanding is that San Antonio is using the same grouping as last night but reversed. That is the "groups of 3" will be reversed. I think this means Mpls last 3 were Cavies,Coats,BD so will be BD, Coats, Cavies in SA.

and so forth down the line. I agree with Wes and Brasso here - there certainly are enough shows to date that performance order from this years competitions would make a lot more sense and not too difficult to figure out.

DCI posted the lineup last night on Facebook. It is based on Minneapolis show... groups of 3... random draw.

2:30 PM – Forte

2:47 PM – Genesis

3:04 PM – Revolution

3:21 PM – Pioneer

3:38 PM – Teal Sound

3:55 PM – Cascades

4:12 PM – Mandarins

4:29 PM – Intermission

4:46 PM – Pacific Crest

5:03 PM – Crossmen

5:20 PM – Colts

5:37 PM – The Academy

5:54 PM – Spirit of Atlanta

6:11 PM – Glassmen

6:28 PM – Intermission

7:30 PM – Blue Knights

7:47 PM – Troopers

8:04 PM – Blue Stars

8:21 PM – Boston Crusaders

8:38 PM – Madison Scouts

8:55 PM – Santa Clara Vanguard

9:12 PM – Intermission

9:29 PM – Phantom Regiment

9:46 PM – The Cadets

10:03 PM – Bluecoats

10:20 PM – Blue Devils

10:37 PM – The Cavaliers

10:54 PM – Carolina Crown

11:20 PM – Awards Ceremony

Read more: http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=4e86de9c-ae8e-42e7-afff-dfbe1efc3fe2#ixzz1SOKCjiff

I don't understand why DCI can't just respect the order of the rankings when choosing performance order. I hope they don't pull this crap for quarterfinals.

• Like 1

Maybe they should take the three intermissions and the awards ceremony, and randomly choose the order that they happen during the competition.

Looks like BK got a poor draw for next Saturday as well...

Yep... They're gonna need to beat Bstars Boston or Mad during the week I think. Judges need to see them compete and how they match up going toward this weekend to overcome such a tough draw at SA. I'm really disappointed with their performance spot... Ouch

WP

I'm glad I misunderstood order of appearance for SA. At least this is based on Mpls. scores and not 2010.

I don't think the group of 3 idea is bad at all although just going in reverse order of Mpls. would make just as much sense.

Edited by bass5

I don't understand why DCI can't just respect the order of the rankings when choosing performance order. I hope they don't pull this crap for quarterfinals.

I really don't see a need to juggle things around either. Let the order be as it is from the regional...end of story.

Who actually did this draw anyway? Did they pick out of a hat?....lol

Does anyone know if INT is doing 3 separate shows, or the same show 3 times? If they're trying to clean 3 different shows, no wonder they can't crack the upper echelon.

DCI has penalized INT for an undisclosed violation of DCI rules, and they are requiring them to go on 3 times. If they have any further violations they have been informed that their membership in the TOC will be restricted to a halftime membership only.

DCI has penalized INT for an undisclosed violation of DCI rules, and they are requiring them to go on 3 times. If they have any further violations they have been informed that their membership in the TOC will be restricted to a halftime membership only.

INT is a non profit and got paid on numerous occasions.... Thus they have to go 3 times and get whizzed on by everyone!!