** Food For Thought - DCA Open Class

International corps do not get a.vote.

Thanks Liz did not know that .

I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it from when Inspires were here.

Exactly my point! The six corps from outside of the NE now have the control necessary to make decisions that will help expand the activity nationwide!

If the rules aren't changed at the last minute that is....................................?

Rice

given how the voting system works, the balance of pwoer is about split...yet you see few votes that are split across party lines so to speak. so, sorry to ruin your rant with facts, but it seems the DCA corps seem to be pretty much on the same page regardless of region

if you go back through the years ,yes the northeast was a hot bed of senior corps .Thats why its still the number on area of the country for All- Age Corps to complete .When i was a kid going to the New York State American Legion show was like going to nationals ,so many junior and senior corps .New York state no longer has a big name junior ,not even sure if or now many juniors are left in the state.Most where feeder corps for the seniors ,now its high school bands .

In 1966 there were 7 senior and 20 junior corps at the NYS American Legion Championships.

http://corpsreps.com/scores.cfm?view=scoreshow&showid=1966135

All but 1 senior (Sun) are gone...

At one point (early/mid 60s, I think; I saw a list once) there were about 300 junior and senior competing corps in the State.

Now you can count them with 1 hand.

(Empire, Sun, Fusion Core and.. ?)

The only existing junior I'm aware of is Auburn Purple Lancers, and they're not competing yet.

Of course, one would be hard pressed to find 300 corps in the world any more...

Sun and Empire are from New York state Fusion is from Jersey

Thanks, Bill

So that makes it 6-4 Northeast (add Fusion Core and subtract Kidsgrove)...

Not quite.

From Prelims last year:

Kilties: 83.613

Fusion Corps: 82.188

So that made it 5-5 at the DCA meetings this year.

(add Kilties and subtract Kidsgrove)...

Good to see the Kilties there haveing a voice .:thumbup:

given how the voting system works, the balance of pwoer is about split...yet you see few votes that are split across party lines so to speak. so, sorry to ruin your rant with facts, but it seems the DCA corps seem to be pretty much on the same page regardless of region

If the NE corps are "on the same page" and truly interested in growing the organization as you say they are, then why don't those corps travel to shows outside of the NE region to help grow DCA on a national scale?

You know, like they expect everyone else to do....................................? :rolleyes:

Rice