Brush Your Breath With Denton !

I'm not trying to be snarky, but don't you think the objective quality of the performances can vary by at least that much in the real world of various weather conditions, lighting conditions, member illness, time of performance, how much travel vs practice vs performance the corps has been doing over the past 48 hours, and a hundred other factors?

If anything I think the scores are still more rigid than reality. To some extent that's not fixable given that judges no matter how good can't *really* judge everything on the field every night completely objectively, and to some extent they have to subconsciously or intuitively rely on past experience with the show and past scores from themselves and other judges.

So I'll take a middle ground where every corps has an off night now and then and their score ought to drop some because of it. If Scouts had as bad of problems with illness as it sounds, then I'm sure their show suffered for it. If the rankings had stayed the same despite the handicap, what would that say for BK's or Boston's or anyone's theoretical ability to ever surpass Madison this season?

Madison, BK, Boston and Blue Stars all have top 8 talent period. Do certain environmental issues affect corps? Yes, everyday, but I gaurentee a staff is not going to tell their members that the weather and sickness is to blame... Why is it so hard for people to believe that BK and Boston ARE LEGIT! Folks BK has the grunge going on too. One of my former students didn't march last night because of it. Sickness and heat are a reality of drum corps and nothing new. These corps are going to flipflop from now til the end. They'll battle each other so much they'll likely get close to SCV too!!

Wes Perkins

Bummed about that Spirit of Atlanta score....come on guys and gals, stay in there!!!!

I'm not trying to be snarky, but don't you think the objective quality of the performances can vary by at least that much in the real world of various weather conditions, lighting conditions, member illness, time of performance, how much travel vs practice vs performance the corps has been doing over the past 48 hours, and a hundred other factors?

If anything I think the scores are still more rigid than reality. To some extent that's not fixable given that judges no matter how good can't *really* judge everything on the field every night completely objectively, and to some extent they have to subconsciously or intuitively rely on past experience with the show and past scores from themselves and other judges.

So I'll take a middle ground where every corps has an off night now and then and their score ought to drop some because of it. If Scouts had as bad of problems with illness as it sounds, then I'm sure their show suffered for it. If the rankings had stayed the same despite the handicap, what would that say for BK's or Boston's or anyone's theoretical ability to ever surpass Madison this season?

The last two seasons Blue Stars have beaten corps at finals that they lost to consistently the entire season.

Madison, BK, Boston and Blue Stars all have top 8 talent period. Do certain environmental issues affect corps? Yes, everyday, but I gaurentee a staff is not going to tell their members that the weather and sickness is to blame... Why is it so hard for people to believe that BK and Boston ARE LEGIT! Folks BK has the grunge going on too. One of my former students didn't march last night because of it. Sickness and heat are a reality of drum corps and nothing new. These corps are going to flipflop from now til the end. They'll battle each other so much they'll likely get close to SCV too!!

Wes Perkins

I don't really get that either. BK and Boston are a threat every year to move up.

• Like 1

Interesting...last night, the Troopers were 5.9 points behind Madison, and

tonight they were 2.1 points from Madison. Good job Troop! Scary for the Scouts!

I am an admitted Troopers fan, but, I do not see Troop passing Madison this year. There is just too much GE packed into Madison's show, and truthfully, they have a fantastic horn line which Troopers just cannot overcome at this time. Troopers are closer this show because they had a much better show last night than the last few competitions. That is why they beat Spirit and widened the spread with the other corps. Good luck Troop! :thumbup::worthy::thumbup:

I assume you mean SOA? Hard for me to see them as a new kid.

You got that right! I will bet that in the last 30 years SOA has made finals more than Troop! How can you call Spirit the "new kid"!? Troopers are winning, when they are not losing, over Spirit because they have a more technically advanced show. When Troopers execute this show to a higher level they beat their competition. When they don't, all hell breaks lose! At this point Troopers are beginning to properly execute their show much more often! Salute to Troop! :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Like 2

Troopers over Spirit of Atlanta???? WTF

Boston over Madison???? WTF

Left before scores. Both of these are a complete shock! Really. No way. Crowd could not have agreed with this nonsense when announced.

Troopers may be the biggest smoke and mirrors corps since BD, but without any depth.

WOW

WTF! Troopers are extremely adept at their show. It is not just "park and blow" which is what SOA does many times in their performance. I don't know if Troop will be guaranteed a finals spot, but, it is now theirs to lose! When was the last time, including 2009, that Troopers were considered the front-runner at this point in the season? Go Troop! :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Like 3

Bummed about that Spirit of Atlanta score....come on guys and gals, stay in there!!!!

Don't worry, they're in there! They are selling the show hard. It was very interesting to see this set of very different shows, and to see what strengths (and challenges) they demonstrate for each corps fighting it out.

WTF! Troopers are extremely adept at their show. It is not just "park and blow" which is what SOA does many times in their performance. I don't know if Troop will be guaranteed a finals spot, but, it is now theirs to lose! When was the last time, including 2009, that Troopers were considered the front-runner at this point in the season? Go Troop! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I don't think that they're the front-runner yet. Things are still in flux. I keep hoping that it's true, but we won't really know until someone is winning consistently.