Brush Your Breath With Denton !

Watch it LIVE on the Fan Network this Saturday! They only exclude it in the replays...

Watch & listen to it on You Tube.

I forgot to congratulate Troopers tonight for a job well done...best of luck in the coming days :smile:

• Like 2

Interesting...last night, the Troopers were 5.9 points behind Madison, and

tonight they were 2.1 points from Madison. Good job Troop! Scary for the Scouts!

Interesting...last night, the Troopers were 5.9 points behind Madison, and

tonight they were 2.1 points from Madison. Good job Troop! Scary for the Scouts!

Nah, much as I love my Troopers, this particular spread will be growing, I suspect. Go Troop, and go Scouts! :thumbup:

Nah, much as I love my Troopers, this particular spread will be growing, I suspect. Go Troop, and go Scouts! :thumbup:

I hope you're right as I would like to see the Scouts get back in the lead

over Boston and BK. But that said, I would also love to see Troop get back

in Finals (MC 40). :thumbup:

So I stopped posting to DCP from the show because I just couldn't keep up. Also, I wanted to be totally immersed and not think about what to write next.

I hadn't see any corps live this year, so this was my first taste. What a great night!

And in the end who knows where the scores will really be. And we also still have the wild card of Academy to think about. Great drum corps all over the place this year!

Here's how I felt about the Colts/Spirit/Troopers grouping tonight, just for some context:

Blend was an issue with Colts, as is feet in the horns. The concept is good - love the black and white flags! I feel the show is being underperformed. The brass book is pretty, but the stamina isn't there yet. The feet were sluggish in places making individuals stick out visually as well as muddy the book.

SoA: Clearly aiming for a very strong brass presence with a personality all its own. I like it - but tonight it was muddy in places. Perc is strong, but I don't feel the same groove I felt as last year. But that could also be because this was my first live read.

Troop: for those that see them live, try to really listen for the integration of the battery and horn book, and try to look for the difficulty that is there. It's subtle - just the way the show is written. They aren't using some of the typical "here's our difficulty!!!" kinds of moments in their show. (I like those kinds of moments like everyone else, but I think this approach to Troop's show design is why some find it difficult to connect to the show.) Feet/bearing are very strong. They still have work to do there, but the horn stamina and blend is good throughout the show with very little variation. No "heroes" playing out from what I heard (tonight, at least).

I know for some it's hard to see the Troopers show over the much more aggressive style of SoA's show. All of these contenders will play to their strengths, and this is why I think we're going to see a lot of these flip-floppy days. Saturday will be very interesting!

I'm exhausted and I need to sleep. Maybe I'll try to write more tomorrow....

• Like 3

He was referring to the "World Wrestling Federation"...which is now called "World Wrestling Entertainment"

No, really?

Seriously, I got that. But it's been WWE for years now. Must be an old skool fan. Of course, WWE sucks compared to WWF. Must be all the electronics and light shows. I say, "Give 'em the chair!"

Garry in Vegas

PS So, was there a score for Vigilantes or not?

Edited by CrunchyTenor

Vigilantes did not perform. Someone from their corps was on here earlier, and said they aren't fielding a competitive corps this year, only doing brass ensembles. Sorry

No, really?

Seriously, I got that. But it's been WWE for years now. Must be an old skool fan. Of course, WWE sucks compared to WWF. Must be all the electronics and light shows. I say, "Give 'em the chair!"

Garry in Vegas

Or to go really old school....remember the A.W.A? I remember the likes of Mr. Saito,

Jerry Blackwell...Ken Patera, Jake "The Milkman" Milleman, Mad Dog Vaschon!

• Like 1

Or to go really old school....remember the A.W.A? I remember the likes of Mr. Saito,

Jerry Blackwell...Ken Patera, Jake "The Milkman" Milleman, Mad Dog Vaschon!

I am actually old enough to remember all of these guys...LOL